Switch Account

Unread email indicator

Unread email indicator

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(518 Views)
My opened emails are getting changed to "unread". The problem started occurring after updating my Verizon email settings. The changes occur sporadically, and I haven't determined what triggers the changes. For example, this afternoon all my emails were marked "read", which was correct. This evening it now indicates that I have 1,156 unread emails. This is infuriating. I've no idea what is mysteriously causing these indicators to change. Any ideas???
1 REPLY 1
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(472 Views)

Good, I am not alone.

I have noticed it from two different android phones connecting to a verizon.net mail account.  It does not happen on the i-phone though.  One of the phones is on my verizon plan and the other is my work phone via AT&T.  I know it is not phone related since it is happening on different phones with different carriers.  It appears to be a timeout issue.  If the status of a large number of messages cannot be read within a ceratain amount of time, it marks the others as unread and your phone appears to have new mail that is 2 months old.

I have reset the port and server values as suggested from the on-line help info, but to no avail.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.