Re: VERIZON E MAIL ADDRESS UNCHANGEABLE
VZ_doesnt_care

Verizon does have some email addresses if you dig, but don't expect that to help.  It didn't for me.  Some admin just scrubs and files the emails and I doubt management ever saw or read them.  I did get a call that day from the admin, who just said she was "filing it with my current open case # so it is available for future review".

Verizon is selling off a bunch of its land-line business (including FIOS) to Frontier Communications.  My opinion is, email is not a profitable product for Verizon - especially since there are free alternatives out there (like Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail...).  Verizon seems to be focusing on its wireless products.  So I feel the writing is on the wall - for email, you may want to shop elsewhere.  Seems like it wasn't too long ago that Verizon dropped home webpage support.  Verizon's email future probably depends on Frontier.  I don't anticipate Verizon spending much money on email, and the poor performance of SpamDetector may just reflect that.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't even consider it a product.  They include it for free because everyone expects it to be included with Internet services.  If they thought they could offer Internet service without it, I am sure they would drop it.

Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

CA, Thank you ... I suspected just as much. The only reason I stick with Verizon is the Yahoo Premium with the multiple addresses is included in my internet charge and I have a lifetime DSL rate. (The DSL is not working well however.) But the leaking out of my Verizon email was thanks to the tablet Yahoo mail app. Well maybe it won't matter, I was being extra cautious just in case. I can imagine emailing Verizon would do about as much good as talking to them on the phone. Long time ago, I had AOL internet. Verizon is becoming just about as bad.

Again, thanks. 

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

TNS, Thank you, that seems indeed to be the case. They don't want to be put to the trouble of changing a Verizon email address because they consider it a gratuity to the customer. Even though we pay for it. Nice. 

0 Likes