Re: VERIZON FIOS blocking all EMAIL ports?
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

okay, so in my sendmail.mc file

I have a AUTHINFO file in my mail directory that have the usernam and password information.

AuthInfo:localhost.localdomain "U:root" "I:myuser@att.net" "P:password" "M:LOGIN PLAIN"

AuthInfo:localhost.localdomain "U:user@verizon.net" "I:user@verizon.net" "P:password" "M:PLAIN"

Is this correct.  I changed the RELAY port to 465

and wherever it is asking for a domain name. I replaced it with my appropriate domain. Which I got from

I am using DNS from  -->   no-ip.biz.

define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.verizon.net')dnl
define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 465')dnl
FEATURE(authinfo)dnl

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

I have already put the userid and password information in my AUTHINFO file, but still my sendmail is unable send out emails to YAHOO or GMAIL.   

I am confused as to what I am doing wrong?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sending encrypted?

When I removed the ssl setting for outbound smtp I cannot send - connection times out.  Put ssl back and it works fine.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same with Gmail.

If I remove the ssl setting for smtp.gmail.com the send fails with a timeout.  Have to send the data encrypted.

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

where would I put in the SSL setting in my sendmail.mc  file?

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

No, I don't think it is encrypted.  How to add SSL?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cyberdome wrote:

where would I put in the SSL setting in my sendmail.mc  file?

I'm afraid I have no idea.  I'm testing your questions using my outlook 2010 client under Windows 7 and in there I certainly have to make my outbound connections SSL else it won't let me send.

I should have remembered about the Outlook issues with consoldiating multiple pop client to one receiver!!  Each time I muck up the settings the outlook bug makes me receive all the held mail in the remote mail boxes.  Just had to delete 514 duplcate emails for the second time.Smiley Mad  Luckily someone wrote the remove duplicate messages and put it on OutlookFreeware.com some time back just to address the issue.  Ah well, I should upgrade to Outlook 2013 anyway  as I believe they finally have fixed the issue there.

I have to believe that in the Linux world there is some way to set other than plain text sending.

Have you tried using a regular windows client from your home network just to make sure there is no issue with the userid and password that you are attempting to use?

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

Just tested it on my WINDOWS machine separate computer with OUTLOOK, using and I am able to send  a test email to my YAHOO inbox and GMAIL inbox.

For some reason, My EMAIL linux server is not able to send out email to yahoo inbox or gmail 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

For gmail at least it will be the same reason that it can't send to smtp.verizon.net - the outgoing connection needs to be encrypted - ssl

Don't know about yahoo as I've never attempted to send mail via that using a remote client.

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

SOLUTION --> 

As it turns out, Verizon FIOS is blocking all OUTGOING email ports, Verizon is not allowing relaying at all. I was able to use GMAIL SMTP port 587server. I configured POSTFIX to use GMAIL as relay. 

http://mhawthorne.net/posts/postfix-...-as-relay.html 

http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_re...her_mailserver

Few changes to configuration. Before, I could check my mail queue. All mails gone already. LOL 

My statement is a opinion. So, I am not entirely 100% sure that Verizon is blocking my outgoing ports. But right now Gmail works for me. I am gonna worry about the verizon issue later on. 

0 Likes