Verizon Account Locked Out
KIR3

I have been a Verizon "Keep My Email" account user for 9 years since moving away from metro area to location without FIOS services.  I normally use Outlook as my email client.  For some reason I attempted to use webmail yesterday.  I have not used it in a long time.  I THOUGHT I knew my password but guess not.  And of course I could not recall the answer to my secret question.  My account was locked.  I spent hours on CHAT today to no avail to get into my email.  I use email for work, school and just about everything important like elderly, ill family members who are using it to report in each day?   I need to get to my email and now my laptop Outlook account will not work either, because I am locked out.  The tech person on Chat says can't unlock the account, can't assign a temporary password for me, can't recreate my account, etc.  Could not do anything and said the Email Group could not help either.  Now, in my attempts to continue troubleshooting on my own I am seeing that Verizon mail must now use AOL, and if you change your password you will have problems.  I never received notification about AOL and this change.  I fear my email is now in limbo.  I must get access to it.  Can anyone please help me?  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Account Locked Out
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KIR,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes