Re: Verizon Classic Webmail Migration to Verizon Message Center
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Justin,

We are enhancing Verizon Message Center in response to all the constructive feedback provided on the Verizon Forum.   We are looking into the feasibility of offering Plain Text  as well. 

We rely on the VZ Forum, Customer Feedback emails and issues raised in the customer support centers to drive enhancements/changes to Message Center.

Please also know that we did conduct Alpha and Beta trials and made Message Center available on a trial basis since March 2010.

We appreciate your feedback and patience as we work to improve the Verizon Message Center experience.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Lorena_VZ wrote:

Justin,

We are enhancing Verizon Message Center in response to all the constructive feedback provided on the Verizon Forum.   We are looking into the feasibility of offering Plain Text  as well. 

We rely on the VZ Forum, Customer Feedback emails and issues raised in the customer support centers to drive enhancements/changes to Message Center.

Please also know that we did conduct Alpha and Beta trials and made Message Center available on a trial basis since March 2010.

We appreciate your feedback and patience as we work to improve the Verizon Message Center experience.

Lorena,

Thanks for the reply. I highlighted "constructive feedback" because you surely do get a bunch that is not "constructive," such as all of the ones that just say "it sucks" etc. But there have been some very constructive ones that I think really do deserve some attention on your part.

And honestly, would it really cause that big of an issue for Verizon to offer those who want to go back to Classic that option for a while? I still have Classic available to me, as long as you still offer it to some it seems you could offer the option to all while you enhance the New version to address concerns. Just a thought....

Keller, TX 76248

trailmster

I am really fed up with the corporate rhetoric that I am reading being spouted about the "Great new features" of verizons message center. Well, since you say you have the exclusive, perpetual right to use any of my ideas, why dont you consider these. 1)RETURN THE OPTION OF NOT HAVING TO USE THE MESSAGE CENTER.

2)REMOVE THE REQUIREMENT TO HAVE TO UPGRADE FIREFOX TO VIEW EMAIL.(you  left me the ability to see how much money i owe you, without the need to upgrade firefox...convenient)

Thank you very little.

0 Likes
smph50

I'm very disappointed that my EMail is attached to my Verizon Residential Account. I much prefer my Email be kept seperate from my Billing and Account information. Isn't there any way to have a different User Name and Password for my Billing Account information???

My Sub Accounts still have their own PRIVATE UNames And PWords!  

0 Likes
Tigermidge

You can NOT read webmail,  the new MAIL with my ITOUCH anymore.

THis is  absolutely useless to me.

Mark FLo 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Only thing I use Webmail for is to check to see if the verizon spam filter has accidentally caught any of my legitimate email.

I use a conventional POP program on my PC for all my email needs and to organize my email. 

And services like calanders, address books, etc, I want where I can always get them without counting any a web connection that May not be available as I travel.

I opted out of your voice-mail for my home phone, instead using a conventional phone with an answering system.

Justin46
Legend

@tns wrote:

Only thing I use Webmail for is to check to see if the verizon spam filter has accidentally caught any of my legitimate email.

I use a conventional POP program on my PC for all my email needs and to organize my email. 

And services like calanders, address books, etc, I want where I can always get them without counting any a web connection that May not be available as I travel.

I opted out of your voice-mail for my home phone, instead using a conventional phone with an answering system.

Same for me, 100%. I do not want my email on some server in the sky that I may or may not be able to view at any point in time, I want it on my hard drive. Plus I like the ability to customize my POP client (the free Windows Live Mail, before that the free Outlook Express) the way I want it to look and work. But that is just me.....

But there are some people who want to use the web interface for everything, and I think Verizon should make every effort to accomodate them. Some never liked the original Classic interface, some apparently were comfortable with it and hate the forced migration to the New interface, especially if they must use a feature like Plain Text Only for some sites, and some apparently are happy with the New interface. Clearly they all have other options other than using the New interface, but that is one more change, and I think it is sad that Verizon doesn't seem to want to work with them to make it usable for all who want to use a web-based interface.

Keller, TX 76248

Buffy3
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can add iPad to that also.  I have been able to bring up the keyboard in the message body of compose mail.  I can no longer use the full verizon message center site.

Thank you

0 Likes
GTO2

Seriously, has anyone at Verizon given even a second's thought to the HUGE irritation factor attached to asking subscribers to try out a new service to see if they like it, and then forcing them to use it, like it or not????

Nice to be a monopoly.

GTTO

0 Likes
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Justin,

We are working to offer Plain Text. Please expect to see it come out this summer. Thank you for your patience.

0 Likes