Re: Verizon Classic Webmail Migration to Verizon Message Center
Justin46
Legend

@stoppopup wrote:

I can't believe Verizon does this - you get a pop up and it doesn't give you a choice to opt out - so you get stuck with a new message center service that you didn't want- I just want to read my emails and not have to go through all your so called enhancements give me a choice to opt out!!!!

How does it make it more difficult to read your emails? I have had both the old and the new, there really isn't that much difference; yes, it looks a little different, and yes, it is missing some of the capabilities of the classic interface (mostly on sending), but to just read emails, I don't see any downside.

So what do you not like? Maybe there is a setting that will address your issue. If you can provide details of what your issues are, someone here might be able to help.

As to why the change, my guess is that Verizon views the new webmail interface as newer, better, etc, and they don't want the expense of supporting a new and an old version. Supporting multiple versions of software is expensive, so most companies do replace older software with new, and discontinue supporting the old. And in this case, Verizon has probably spent at least a year making this transition, so when I was forced to migrate I was not surprised.

One last thing; if you don't want to go through the "message center" thing, you can always just go directly to webmail:

http://webmail.verizon.com/

Just a simple, quick login and you are viewing your email. But yes, once you have been migrated, it will be the "new" webmail interface, not the "classic."

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
zvalueman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin,

It may work fine for you with both versions, but I can tell you that with an IPOD touch (or IPhone)  the new version does not work at all because all of the emails are covered by the tabs and toolbars.   You cannot even move these out of the way, shrink or grow them.

When I am on a regular PC brower, no problem.   But the Safari Brower on Iphone does not work.

Justin46
Legend

@zvalueman wrote:

Justin,

It may work fine for you with both versions, but I can tell you that with an IPOD touch (or IPhone)  the new version does not work at all because all of the emails are covered by the tabs and toolbars.   You cannot even move these out of the way, shrink or grow them.

When I am on a regular PC brower, no problem.   But the Safari Brower on Iphone does not work.

OK, thanks for the additional information. From your original post I had no idea what your issue was, no clue you were talking about viewing them on a phone, hope you can understand that.

Now, I do not have an "I-anything", so I cannot see or reproduce your problem. Hopefully someone else can. I have just gotten an Android-based phone, my first smart-phone (Smiley Happy), and I am just learning, but doesn't the iPhone, etc, have an email app? My Android does, I have never tried using the browser to manage my emails, and really can't see any reason why I would want to.

Hopefully someone else can address your issue. And since lots and lots of people have been migrated to the new webmail interface, I would have thought there would have been lots of complaints here, but I don't remember seeing any (but maybe my memory is getting worse....).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
zvalueman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin,

Here is the reason I use Verizon email web pages:  I receive mail on various devices.   I have a laptop netbook, a desktop and the IPOD touch.    I set all of them to not delete the email autmatically because I don't know which machine I will be using at any particular time.   So, when I have finally read the email, I use the verizon email to select the read emails and delete them.   The IPOD touch mail does not have a delete all button, but Verizon web email does.    So, if I am on the IPOD at the time, I log into the web email, select all messages read and press the delete button to delete them all.

WIth the "new" web email on the IPOD touch, as I said, the messages are not visible.   The developers should try an IPOD touch or IPhone and see that the mails cannot be selected.   So, cannot be read or deleted.

Hope this helps explain the issue.

Kerry

Justin46
Legend

Kerry,

Yes it does. Unfortunately we need someone with more knowledge of smart-phones to jump in here, but.....

As I said, I have just gotten my first smart-phone and am just starting to learn this stuff, but with the email app on my Android, while not having a true "delete all" button (at least that I can find), I can select whichever emails I want to delete and then delete all of the checked ones at once. The IPOD touch email app doesn't even have that capabilitiy huh?

Next I tried using the browser function on my Android, and tried to go to webmail.verizon.net. Wherever I wound up, it did not look at all like the webmail interface on my PC, it looked more like the Android email app. But wherever or whatever it was, I had no issue with viewing messages there either, no tabs, etc. So obviously I am going to be absolutely no use at all on this, sorry..... Smiley Very Happy

Wish I could help.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
zvalueman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fair enough, Justin.

Verizon chose to force this new style of pages and I have explained why it is unacceptable.   I hope that someone can view and fix the problem or give us back the older and totally usable interface.

Congrats on your Android.    Unfortunately, it doesn't help us Apple I-whatever users one bit.

Thanks for your attention.   Hope you can pass the issue along.

Kerry

Re: Verizon Classic Website Migration to Verizon Message Center
tricked1

My Name is Unhappy and I basically hate your email upgrade from Verizon Yahoo Classic to the upgrade you offered. I wish I had not pushed the button. Now I can't get back. I tried your live service and they could not help me as well. I follow instructions and nothing works. I wish I could bill you for my time .....Very unhappy. Please fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Classic Website Migration to Verizon Message Center
bfrederi1
Enthusiast - Level 3

tricked,

As posted above by user "dslr...", and originally posted on another thread by user "rockcat", you can switch back to the old interface by using this URL:

http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCOptOut?src=vmc

brucemorey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot forward my emails.

brucemorey
Enthusiast - Level 2

does not workthat way.