Re: Verizon Classic Webmail Migration to Verizon Message Center
ftj1
My email has been loadinhg for over an hour. Is this because I am being converted from Classic to Message Center? Or is it some other problem?
0 Likes
stejoh1

Thanks for the company brochure, but how about real answers.  This is like the virtual assistant is there to help, if you have the right question.  I guess I need to create a yahoo account and start using that for email that works for the people instead of a company.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My only problem with the new Verizon email is in the middle of an email I'm composing I  lose the email and get a message that the page I'm on has expired. I lose all information in the email that hasn't been saved to draft. So I must constantly click on save to draft as the auto save to draft is not done that frequently. I have seen on the Email Forum page many complaints but we get the answer you can only be writing an email or on the email page so long or you will be taken off--one employee said for security reasons. Well who in the world is going to break into my house to tamper with my email page. That doesn't make sense and besides this is only a recent occurrence--that is where you are constantly bumped off the page. I also get the message after being bumped off the page that the tab has been recovered,but it doesn't recover the words I've been typing in the email i was writing. It just takes me back to the sign in page. Another person was told by someone on the forum to type their email on Microsoft Works and cut and paste and copy it to the Verizon email compose page. They've  got to be kidding!!!!  This morning after typing a long email with many names and addresses and losing the email many times and having to start over, I finally went to my gmail account and typed the exact same email and was never bumped off, and I never lost any part of the email. So don't say it's my computer. From now on I will write my emails using gmail.

Holly 

0 Likes
ASYLE

Same complaints as Holly. I keep getting the boot when trying to compose an email. It doesn;t seem to like the ENTER key to skip to a new line.

Since when is "reply" an "other action". Why is it gone from the normal line of options like DELETE?

Also, getting complaints when I send emails - although my default is 16pt - that the text is teeny tiny which I see when someone replies to one of my emails.

I was using a link to Classic email for a while, but it doesn't work anymore. Is ANYONE monitoring these complaints? I want the Classic back. PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEE!!!!

0 Likes
Motown181

I agree!  I would like to see the Classic version back!

0 Likes
jeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Holly1

"My only problem with the new Verizon email is in the middle of an email I'm composing I  lose the email and get a message that the page I'm on has expired."

The greatest irony is that, after composing a reply in another thread, I'd started browsing through the Verizon e-mail forum and found this thread -- and then, AS I WAS READING THE LINE ABOVE, my screen changed all by itself and I was taken to a page that said:

"Your Session has timed out.

You have been automatically signed out due to inactivity. Please sign in again."

I was taken out of the forum completely and had to wend my way back to the right place, let alone having to sign in again in order to compose this reply.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!

For security reasons, I don't check the "keep me signed in for 2 weeks," but now I'll have to think about it harder. Verizon, you can sign people out automatically if you want, but why boot them out of the forum entirely? You can notify us, but at least have the courtesy of sending usback to the page we were on.

BTW, doesn't browsing through the forum and clicking on links to threads count as "activity"?

0 Likes
depark21
Enthusiast - Level 2

im the opposit. i cant empty my email in box in 1 shot

0 Likes
Steve_H2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want the Classic Webmail back to for the reasons enumerated by previous posters. The new WebMail is buggy and the Filters in the Mail Settings section just doesn't work. Verizon, stop the nonsense and give us a choice of using the Classic Webmail. Those customers of yours who want to put up with the totally inadequate new version of webmail would still be free to do so.

0 Likes
kcocoasmom

I was changed over to the new Webmail unwillingly.

Now I can not find my contact list.

I can not add to or delete contacts.

It used to be right there on my Webmail page, so easy to get to.

0 Likes
jwcougar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new Message Center does not work on certain devices.  From some of the other posts in the community, this list seems to include the Kindle Fire, the iPad, and perhaps some other Android devices.  Is it too much to ask to able to swtich back to the Message Center for those effected while the main problem is resolved?  Smiley Sad

The problem is going to be resolved, isn't it??? Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes