Re: Verizon Domain Account
mastros

I registered for a Verizon Your Domain account last year in order to retain my verizon.net email address. It has been and is currently working fine. My problem is that I have to update my credit card information and cannot log in using "Site Control". 

I can log into "My Verizon" just fine, (which is odd since I no longer use Verizon for internet nor landline) but not into SiteControl to manage my account.

Can someone please help?

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
mastros

Thanks for your PM Elizabeth! I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thanks, Mike

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forums. The moderators cannot answer technical questions. For that you need to contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
mastros

Okay, been there done that with Verizon. Guess I'll have to hope for help from a peer at some point. Thanks.

0 Likes
starzajo

Greetings All - 

I, too, have had no shortage of problems with my Verizon email for nearly three weeks. Like others here, I am purely an email customer as I no longer reside in a Verizon coverage area.

The problem began with me not being able to receive Verizon email ANYWHERE. After 1.5 weeks of that I was finally able view my emails online, but not in Outlook. AND, in an attempt to protect their network, Verizon is blocking me from downloading any attachments OR replying to any of my email via the online system - SO IT'S PRETTY MUCH USELESS.

I have spoken with Verizon no less than 18 times during this outage. I have been bounced from department to department and have been provided no less than three different tracking numbers with a promise that somebody from Verizon would contact me within 24-48 hours to inform me the problem was fixed and all was well. I have yet to receive ONE LOUSY PHONE CALL.

I have had four remote host sessions where I grant Verizon permission to access my computer's settings. I did not mind doing this right up the point where, last Saturday, one of Verizon's agents DELETED ALL .PST FILES FROM MY COMPUTER AND INSTANTANEOUSLY KILLED SIX YEARS WORTH OF EMAIL. Try though I may, I have been unable to recover the file through multiple file recovery services or programs.

Perhaps most maddening of all is that the only way to reach anyone at Verizon is through their oversea's call center where once must speak with someone who barely speaks English and requires one to speak VERY slowly and spell out EVERY SINGLE WORD. I have literally had to spell out V-E-R-I-Z-O-N more times than one can count during this nightmare. Then, THEN - as if this isn't bad enough - the call center has absolutely ZERO record of your prior calls, has NO idea what the problem is, has NO concept of an email only client and, in general, NO idea how to solve a problem. BUT, you cannot speak with a supervisor or manager unless you agree to go through THE WHOLE DOGGONE STORY AGAIN!!! And then, you'll only get a supervisor or manager about a third of the time.

It is clear that Verizon does not give one tiny little bit of a hoot about me, and I am SO DONE dealing with their incompetence.  it is abundantly clear Verizon has chosen to not solve it in a civil and peaceful manner.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello starzajo

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jzodda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you please escalate this issue for me as well.

I have had no access to Verizon emails through outlooks since 9/17

All calls to customer service have gotten me nowhere.

I no longer have Fios, but kept the email account.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jzodda,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mommang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been able to access my email via my mac or iphone from home on my wireless since Sept. 17.  I keep getting the run around from Verizon support.  I cannot log into site control.  It is as if my home has been blocked from using Verizon email for some reason.

Can you escalate my problem so someone can help me?

0 Likes
mastros

Can you please escalate this issue for me as well.

I spent an hour on the phone getting bounced around from technical support to billing and back, Friday 10/3 another hour today with tech support, billing, etc...still no resolution. They don't seem to be familiar with Your Domain and support@domains.verizon.net has told me they are simply an activations team and are unable to help me.

I printed every page of my registration process for Verizon Your Domain and the only two real pieces of information I have is a SiteControl Account ID "acctxxxxx" and a cryptic xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.verizonyds.net email address. I have no idea how that is supposed to help me.

I would like to retain my verizon.net email accounts but it seems less likely by the day.

0 Likes