Verizon Domain billing + Email Access problem
BestInTheWest1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 problems. I've spent many, many hours on the phone (mostly on hold) with 6 or 7 different Verizon Departments trying unsuccessfully to resolve them. Each department directed me elsewhere, until the last one directed me back to where I started.

I have a Verizon email and domain account only, needed to cancel FiOS service a few years ago. I have been paying $19.95 per year to maintain the email/domain.

1) After serious effort, I have been unable to pay the amount due either online or by phone. The system won't allow it for me or Verizon customer service folks, at least the ones I could reach.  I also wanted to change the address, since I've moved, but nobody was able to help me with that.  I eventually discovered the Site Control Manager online and updated my contact information.  At least, I think I did, since I received no confirmation that the changes were accepted.  And more importantly, I was still unable to access the Verizon site to pay (or by phone).

2) For years I've had a Verizon email account and 3 sub-accounts.  Starting yesterday afternoon, suddenly I was NOT able to access them via Mac mail or directly via the internet.  Again, after nearly 5 hours on the phone and being directed everywhere but the right place to fix the problem, I still have no Verizon email service. One person told me there was a security breach or outage of some sort and many Verizon customers were experiencing the problem and it was being addressed. I was told to reset my password.  But the system wouldn't allow me to do that.  One of Verizon’s tech people, tried multiple times from his end, but nothing.  Finally I was sent to something called OSC who claimed they were an outside service, no longer affiliated with Verizon. That guy forwarded my call back to where I started 24 hours ago.

I am at a loss.  Can somebody please help????

Re: Verizon Domain billing + Email Access problem
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

For the issue accessing your accounts, please see this post

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Domain billing + Email Access problem
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.