Verizon E-Mail Wont Download to Outlook - POP is Now mail.yahoo.com
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed my Verizon e-mail is not being recieved by Outlook.  I am still receiving e-mail on my Android device and I am able to send e-mail out through Outlook but nothing is coming in.  I am getting an error message stating "Receiving reported error (0x8004210A): The operation timed out waiting for a response from teh receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server adminsitrator or ISP.  

and 

"Receiving reported error (0x80042112): The following email messages on the mail server cannot be downloaded.  Contact your ISP. 

Ok so I checked my POP3 settings and they were all changed from pop and smtp.verizon.net to pop and smtp.mail.yahoo.com.  I did not make this change and when I return them to verizon.net they get changed back to yahoo again! I spoke with AOL tech support and they would not provide any information regarding POP settings and told me to call Microsoft.  AOL said they did not make any changes which I find hard to believe because the POP information whould not change on its own and the techicain slipped and said they are trying to change everything over to Yahoo but when asked about it again she said she never said that!  I want to continue to use Outlook as my email client becasue I have other accounts setup on it and have all my rules setup for my various accounts. I have tried turning of authentication but that stops anything from working work. 

What has to be done to get Outlook to work again with my Verizon e-mail address? 

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon E-Mail Wont Download to Outlook - POP is Now mail.yahoo.com
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Tom,

I had tried all of those solutions with no luck.  I did find another post about checking the Send/Receive Groups and found another Accout was created! I deleted that account and made sure all my settings were correct in this area of Outlook and everything seems to be working fine now. 

This fix is outside the normal repair of the individual accounts which kept reverting back to yahoo.com.  You get to the Outlook Send/Receive Groups tab by selecting the Ctrl + Alt + S keys at the same time while you have Outlook open.  This will bring you to the screen below:

Once on this screen select Edit and you will be brought to a screen containing all of your e-mail accounts in Outlook. In this section you can update everything and it is retained. Once I did this I was able to once again send and receive in Outlook.  

Thanks again....

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Tom,

I had tried all of those solutions with no luck.  I did find another post about checking the Send/Receive Groups and found another Accout was created! I deleted that account and made sure all my settings were correct in this area of Outlook and everything seems to be working fine now. 

This fix is outside the normal repair of the individual accounts which kept reverting back to yahoo.com.  You get to the Outlook Send/Receive Groups tab by selecting the Ctrl + Alt + S keys at the same time while you have Outlook open.  This will bring you to the screen below:

Once on this screen select Edit and you will be brought to a screen containing all of your e-mail accounts in Outlook. In this section you can update everything and it is retained. Once I did this I was able to once again send and receive in Outlook.  

Thanks again....

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

Thanks for the thorough and detailed answer that you shared with us.

Happy Holidays.

jlippey

My wife has the same difficulty.

The solution proposed in this thread does not work for her!

--

Jerry

0 Likes
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Jerry, I am sorry to hear this is not working for you. It is extremely frustrating and I spent allot of hours trouble shooting and  as soon as I did this everything was working fine again. Unfortunately I didnt take a screen shot of the additional account that was created to show what I deleted and I did not show the next screen because it shows each individual account. I will take another look at this and see if I can provide additional information to help. 

jlippey

We understand what you did and tried to repeat it (in Outlook 2016 on 64-bit Windows 10). No additional account was found there. We put in the correct Verizon server data, ports, encryption, etc. in the tabs there and the usual mail.yahoo.com stuff popped in. Frustrating! Thank you for responding, David. -- Jerry

0 Likes
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,  I just checked things again and here are my findings: 

Checking your accounts through File --> Account Settings --> Repair (Advanced Options - Check off Let me Repair my account Manually) will show Incoming and Outgoing Pop & SMTP Server Information as pop.mail.yahoo.com Port 995 - smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port 465.  Both areas have SSL/TLS selected.  Making changes here will not correct anything and also note when you make changes in the Send/Receive Groups area the Verizon information will be retained but the Account Settings area will still show the Yahoo information: See screen shots for above below:

imageSelect FileimageAccount SettingsimageSelect E-Mail address then RepairimageSelect Advanced and Check Let Me..imagePOP3 For ReferenceimageSMTP for Reference

The above areas will continue to be populated with Yahoo.com information. 

The area I made sure the correct information is present is below.  

Use the Ctrl + Alt + S keys at the same time to get to the Send / Receive Groups screen.  Highlight the Accounts and Select Edit. See below:

Once in the All Accounts screen you will highlight the individual e-mail account on the Right Side and select Account Properties. I have 3 separate Verizon e-mail addresses setup and have selected the top one here. See below:

Once you select the Accounts Properties tab you will be brought to the Internet Email Settings page which has several Tabs: POP Email - General - Outgoing Server - Advanced.
You will see the original Verizon POP settings are retained here. For POP3 settings your setup per the screen shots below. The General Tab will show what you named the Email Account is omitted. Delivery settings in the Advanced tab are determined by the User. I prefer to have messages retained on the Server until I empty the Deleted Items folder. Once all changes are made select Ok and close.  I check things by sending messages from Each Account to all Accounts with a data and time in the subject.  Hope this additional information is useful. 

imagePOP3 Email Settings

imageOutgoing Server - SMTP SettingsimageAdvanced Server Settings

lgare1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then what is the SMPT setting?

0 Likes
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

See the last two screen shots of my original post.  See Outgoing Server and Advanced tab.  I am having difficulty replying.  This is my forth time with the first three being rejected. 

Good luck I understand how frustrating this issue can be. 

0 Likes