Verizon EMail down?
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past hour, I cannot access my email on any of my accounts (Main or SubAccounts) via my iPhone or my Thunderbird email program.  I can log in via the webmail but the last email showing on any of the accounts was received over an hour ago so I cannot tell whether I am receiving mail there or not.  Is anyone else having a problem?  I get an error message saying that the sending of the account name and/or password did not succeed and that Verizon responded that it was due to an internal server error

Re: Verizon EMail down?
Bolt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem - Bethesda, Maryland

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

I've been getting the same thing here in Northern Virginia for about the same amount of time.

I'm able to access and use web mail, or so it seems as I have sent out one email that way. Haven't seen any come in lately, though.

0 Likes
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in South Jersey.  I just opened my Thunderbird 5 minutes ago and email downloaded.15 minutes ago I was still getting the error.  This is ridiculous.  Just got more mail now on Thunderbird.  Mail I had received on my phone earlier.  Not getting mail on my phone right now, but not getting the error code either.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

OK...

As of 1227, mine seems to be working again.

Looks like the servers must have gone down and needed to be restored as I received several duplicate emails with the same time stamp.

0 Likes
EJR21
Enthusiast - Level 2

likewise for me.  gap of about 3 hours with no access from mobile devices but could access via verizon webmail site (ouch that remains such a painfully poor portal).  working again now but c'mon isnt reliability critical for email service we pay for?

0 Likes
JEDwyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has been having problems on and off for at least a week and no email at all today.  Now her account is locked out and I've been having a very frustrating time with their support chat...  almost an hour on hold for my first chat session then got disconnected and just finally reconnected to a new agent...  this may be the biggest support fail I've had to deal with.  Is there anything publicly announced at least that anyone has seen about email/system issues at Verizon?

0 Likes
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting it regulary on my Thunderbird but still nada on my iPhone (still no error messages though).  None of the messages about the comments here have been received on my phone.  Reliabilty is definitely something you should be able to depend on with your email!

0 Likes
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband was locked out of his email and there was nothing they could do.  He had to make a new subaccount.  Everytime they changed the password it changed the main account one and not his. After several tries they just said that there was nothing at all they could do to restore access to that account and to make a new one.  He only uses it for crap but it was still a pain in the butt.

0 Likes
SamFrustrated

My Verizon account was converted to AOL today. It works for me, I can send and receive mail. We have three email accounts for this Verizon account. Mine is the one that is used daily. The other two are rarely used and are not ready for conversion.

They seem to be having email problems today.

Until today I was able to send email for a non-Verizon account using the Verizon server. It is not working today. The Verizon suppport person insists that it is due to an outage. I got frustrated with him when he said "Do you know what an outage is?" He said that my response was unproffesional and I told him that asking a stupid question like that is unproffesional. Our conversaton heated up but then we were able to both calm down and he realized I was being reasonable. I think he still does not understand what I mean about send email for a non-Verizon account using the Verizon server.

It was realy diffficult to get into these forums. I was unable to sign in to post a reply. I created this account and still had difficulties. I eventually got in (obviously) but I don't know what i did to get in. So if anyone reading this is unable to post then perhaps you need to call Verizon.

0 Likes