Re: Verizon EMail down?
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

From the FAQs in the sticky post on the board it sounds as though once the conversion is made non Verizon mail won't be accessible anymore on the verizon server.  

Am I understanding the FAQs in that the conversion to AOL is only for a few states and not all?  I had no idea they were switching to AOL and I rarely, if ever, log into the webmail portal to view my email.

And I STILL cannot access my verizon mail on my AT&T iPhone for our main account, yet my subaccount mail is being fetched and I can send mail from that account on my phone.  Both continue to work on my Thunderbird on my laptop.

0 Likes
SamFrustrated

Also, if you are not sure whether you are getting messages, if you have another email address then try sending a test message. If you do not have another email address then it might work to send an email using the same "to" and "from" address.

0 Likes
SamFrustrated

Yes not all Verizon accounts are being switched at the same time and no it is not by state. As I said, one of our email accounts was converted and the other two are not ready for conversion, in other words I cannot convert them, I do not have that option.

I hope we misunderstand what is meant by "sending an email for a non-Verizon message" and "non Verizon mail won't be accessible anymore on the verizon server". Those are probably separate issues because many people will have serious problems if they can't send an email for a non-Verizon message using the Verizon server.

0 Likes