Verizon Email Forwarding
RalphTomaccio
Contributor - Level 1

AOL has been my primary email provider since first getting on-line, although I occasionally use my Verizon email address as well. I have had Verizon set to forward my emails to my AOL account. It has worked fine until a recent AOL change to DMARC. Here is a link as to why I can no longer forward my Verizon emails to AOL:

http://postmaster-blog.aol.com/2014/04/22/aol-mail-updates-dmarc-policy-to-reject/

I read the info provided but did not fully understand what's going on or find any way to continue to have my Verizon emails forwarded as in the past. Is there any way possible to continue to do this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Forwarding
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@RalphTomaccio wrote:

AOL has been my primary email provider since first getting on-line, although I occasionally use my Verizon email address as well. I have had Verizon set to forward my emails to my AOL account. It has worked fine until a recent AOL change to DMARC. Here is a link as to why I can no longer forward my Verizon emails to AOL:

http://postmaster-blog.aol.com/2014/04/22/aol-mail-updates-dmarc-policy-to-reject/

I read the info provided but did not fully understand what's going on or find any way to continue to have my Verizon emails forwarded as in the past. Is there any way possible to continue to do this?

The change shouldn't stop mail from being forwarded to your AOL account. It just stops mail from being sent "from" an AOL email address using another company's SMTP server.

I would suggest doing some troubleshooting for the forwarding, as the timing looks coincidental.

Are you able to send a message from your verizon.net account to your AOL account?

If not, do you get any kind of a bounceback or error?

Is the message perhaps being caught by a spam filter on your AOL account?

0 Likes
Madhatterpa
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think this is close to the same issue I've been having since April 2014. Since Verizon's email is POP3 only and I had a need to access it from multiple email clients, set up my verizon.net email account to automatically forward all my @verizion.net email sent to me to my existing gmail account. I also set the response setting to make sure if I responded to a 'forwarded' email that the sender would still see my @verizon.net email name instead of my @gmail.com email name to keep all email threads straight. This has been working great for years..

But the new DMARC policy now prevents email from anyone with an @aol.com or @aim.com email set to my @verizon.net
email to be blocked or marked as Spam as it's automatically forwarded to my @gmail.com account and I'm loosing real email!

Bottom line if Verizon.net supported IMAP email client connectivity this would solve the real issue. I mean how many folks don't have at minimum a smartphone and computer where they want to access all their email from?? Does anyone know how to work around not setting the return email address to the automatically forwarded @verizon.net email address so when you 'reply' to it from your @gmail.com email concentrator account, the sender doesn't see the @gmail.com address if they reply to my response when the original message was sent to my @verizon.net account?
0 Likes
NotAGeek1

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at postmaster-blog.aol.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi notageek:

Please note the date on those previous postings.

Hope this site leads to your answers today.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes