Verizon Email - Hacked???
zanybees2

I have been recieving emails from Postmaster - undeliverable email, daily.  It states an email generated from me (which I have not sent) from a work at home opportunity is being sent to everyone in my address book.  Says its undeliverable to the addresses.  I am getting messages from people to stop sending it to them.  Thoughts on how to correct this???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email - Hacked???
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they have your password, change it ASAP

Reset your User ID & Password

catmom31

This happened to me too last night. Seems like a Verizon webmail problem since I doubt both you and I were affected at the same time haphazardly. Just to be safe, I would change my password and run a virus scan. I did both last night and the scans found nothing. I also sent another email to my contact listing letting them know that I did NOT send the fictitious email. Similar problems arose last January according to the message boards.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Here are some suggestions regarding the password.  Be very careful when choosing passwords.

How Long It Takes Hackers to Crack Your Password

You already knew that a longer password is more secure, but how much more? BusinessWeek says a 6 character password (just letters) can be cracked in just 10 minutes while a 9 character password complete with letters, uppercase, numbers and symbols will take 44,530 years to crack. Take a look at the image to see other comparisons, the first column describes your password, the other columns show you how long the hackers need to hack your password. [BusinessWeek via Neatorama]

Food for thought.

• DO choose each letter or digit at random. Try one-finger typing with your eyes closed. 
  • DO use a longer password, and write it down somewhere safe. A short password is easier to remember, but also much easier for attackers to guess. It is OK to let your PC save your wireless password so you don't have to remember it. 
  • DO NOT use anything directly related to you, such as your street address, phone number or car license 
    plate. 
  • DO NOT use the name of any person or place in your password. The attackers know all the common names.
  • DO NOT use any word from the dictionary. The attackers have dictionaries, too. 
  • DO NOT use a phrase or sentence. Once an attacker learns any portion of the phrase or sentence, the rest is easily guessed.