Re: Verizon Email Servers not being able to send/receive email through pop servers question
Asweens
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never call Verizon Support!  They did the same thing to my mother.  She lost everything.  Now when she has a problem, I make sure she calls me.  If you randomly get the email server error, you can basically assume it is their problem.  Don't waste your time trying to fix your computer or your settings.  I have wasted countless hours trying to figure out Verizon problems.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Servers not being able to send/receive email through pop servers question
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have same authentication - all my settings have been verified over and over again by Verizon support.  My settings aren't what is wrong.  I've explained my problems over and over again to Verizon Support (via phone, online chat, and twitter) and none of them know why I'm having the problem - but they say it's not their problem.

And now all of a sudden my phone won't even download email while on wifi - which worked up until this morning.  So the only way I can get my Verizon email is to be on a computer and log into netmail.verizon.net. 

should be renamed failmail

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For reasons that make little sense pop wants userid@verizon.net but smtp will not accept the @verizon.net.

0 Likes
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

that doesn't work either. 

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Trying to check email right now at pop.verizon.net and my email program's log shows repeatedly the error "connection closed unexpectedly by server" after sending the password for the account.  It was working earlier today, and I've made no changes, so it has to be them.  I am trying to check mail from my home over my fios connection.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Here in Northern Virginia it does not recognize username/password on either pop.verizon.net nor smtp.verizon.net.

Getting an error message of "internal server error"

This started about an hour ago.

0 Likes
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

yep, that's where I am

0 Likes
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hgavinng the same problem today.  I am on my wifi though at home.  I get a 'verizon replied there is an internal server error" whenever I try to access mail through my iPhone or my Thunderbird mail program. It was working fine up until about an hour ago.  I can log in fine through webmail but the last emails showing as received were over an hour ago so I cannot tell whether or not I received more in the mean time

0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to list of Northern Virginia customers with these problems that happen what seems every other week.

Does not matter of its via Outlook on PC, an IPhone or Android phone/tablet it works for weeks then will not authenticate.

VERY ANOYING!!!!!

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Same problem here on Long Island this morning, using Windows Live Mail, iPhone 6s, or Mac email client.

0 Likes