Re: Verizon Email Servers not being able to send/receive email through pop servers question
Bolt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here (Bethesda, MD) -- not accepting password on Thunderbird (or only rarely), send and receive.  Confirmed same authentication problem with Verizon email servers on my iPod Touch.  This has been a recurring problem over the past month or so on a few occasions.  Verizon needs to get its act together.  Email reliability is not negotiable.

Re: Verizon Email Servers not being able to send/receive email through pop servers question
EJR21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here (DFW area TX) -- server error reported by AquaMail for verizon.net account on send and receive startede again this morning about 9:00 AM CST.  But, I can access via verizon webmail with same credentials.  And Aquamail is procesing gmail account just fine.  So again the mysterious Verizon email server error.  At least I now know not to bother changing around passwords to try to fix the problem.  This has been a recurring problem over the past 2-3 months or so on a few occasions.  I quote the last poster who said it well "Verizon needs to get its act together.  Email reliability is not negotiable."

ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a DM conversation going with Verizon Support on Twitter - I updated them with my new problem.  Their reply was "We are currently showing no outages in our system."

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

@For reasons that make little sense pop wants userid@verizon.net but smtp will not accept the @verizon.net.

Not true for me. I have tried it both ways and it has worked both ways. Right now I am using the userid@verizon.net and "use same settings" on multiple accounts and all is working fine. In fact I have not had any problem with email at all with the three accounts I have migrated, using two desktops and a phone. I have no clue why mine are working just fine and others are having so much trouble, but mine, knock on wood, have been totally solid.

Hope everybody can get theirs working soon.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the well-wishes Justin!

I have found that I can use pop mail with my live.com email and on wifi via my iPhone mail app.

I cannot use pop mail with my msn.com email on outlook.com and cannot download via Cricket cell data on my iPhone (and before I get asked this again, yes, I do have mail enabled for cell data - I can download my other 5 email addresses with msn, live and google)

Verizon has no reason that this is happening.  The only reason I can see this happening is that Verizon POP3 mail servers are blocking IP addresses from Outlook.com and Cricket Wireless.

0 Likes
JrzyGrl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can get my mail now on my laptop via my Thunderbird mail program but still cannot get it on my iPhone (AT&T) on either data OR Wifi.  I am not getting the error messages on my phone anymore though, it just never connects to the servers to get the mail.  That is just for my main account. My subaccount is downloading to my phone.  This makes no sense to me at all

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Mail servers seem to be back to normal here on Long Island.   The outage lasted for 3 or 4 hours this morning.

I've seen this before in the past few weeks.  My mail client(s) can't connect to the Verizon servers.  I don't change anything and after a varying amount of time the problem is corrected.

It would be nice if Verizon would admit they have a problem and that they're working on fixing it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Working here all day in Florida.

However what makes this currently worse.  Do you contact Verizon support, or do you contact AOL support.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

We here in the DC area are supposedly not switched over to the AOL mail services yet, but look what shows up when I run a tracert to pop.verizon.net

Tracing route to pop-verizonmail.egslb.aol.com [64.12.91.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  (My router)
  2     6 ms     7 ms     1 ms  lo0-100.WASHDC-VFTTP-315.verizon-gni.net [71.127.46.1]
  3     4 ms     3 ms     2 ms  T2-9-0-2.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [100.41.4.30]
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     4 ms     5 ms     4 ms  0.ae4.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET [140.222.227.197]
  6     4 ms     2 ms     3 ms  pop1-ash-xe-1-2-0.atdn.net [66.185.139.225]
  7     6 ms     5 ms     5 ms  dar1-mtc-ae4.atdn.net [66.185.152.8]
  8     3 ms     4 ms     5 ms  gear1-mtc-po1.net.aol.com [66.185.144.58]
  9     4 ms     5 ms     4 ms  edge5-mtc-ae0.net.aol.com [149.174.48.14]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

When did they farm out verizon email to AOL?  I don't remember getting any notice about this.

Tracert from Pittsburgh shows pop.verizon.net now goes to pop-verizonmail.egslb.aol.com, after a whole bunch of timeouts.

0 Likes