Verizon Email blocked

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Verizon Email blocked

Message 1 of 3
(6,477 Views)

A few days ago, I started being unable to receive or send email to an association I do freelance work for and have for years. There were no messages to me about it being a spam problem and the only reason I even found out about it is that someone at the company called me and asked why I hadn't replied to an email they sent me. Another person I know who also does work for them is having the same problem and it is isolated to our Verizon email for both of us. I am able to get their messages via a gmail account so it is only associated with my Verizon email. I know a lot of people are having problems with their emails being blocked for various reasons.How can I find out what is going on and if the company is having the problem or if  I am? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Verizon Email blocked

Message 2 of 3
(6,463 Views)

@dkw197 wrote:

A few days ago, I started being unable to receive or send email to an association I do freelance work for and have for years. There were no messages to me about it being a spam problem and the only reason I even found out about it is that someone at the company called me and asked why I hadn't replied to an email they sent me. Another person I know who also does work for them is having the same problem and it is isolated to our Verizon email for both of us. I am able to get their messages via a gmail account so it is only associated with my Verizon email. I know a lot of people are having problems with their emails being blocked for various reasons.How can I find out what is going on and if the company is having the problem or if  I am? Thanks

Are the senders getting any type of error? If it's being bounce by the Blacklist, *they* will get a message about it, not you. They would need to fill out Verizon's whitelist form as indicated in the bounceback message.

You should also check your settings:

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 2 of 3
(6,464 Views)

@dkw197 wrote:

Are the senders getting any type of error? If it's being bounce by the Blacklist, *they* will get a message about it, not you. They would need to fill out Verizon's whitelist form as indicated in the bounceback message.

You should also check your settings:

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

View solution in original post

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 3 of 3
(6,448 Views)

Thanks so much for the advice. I went through your list and found the emails in my Spam Detector folder. Can't imagine why after years of dealing with this company and exchanging hundreds of emails, all of a sudden they are viewed as spam email.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.