Verizon Email setup in Outlook 2010
LDM_Dell8300

I did receive an email from Verizon a while back that my email setting would need to be changed. I saved this email when the attempt to modify them failed and the current setting were working. Well today those settings stopped. I changed the settings to match those that Verizon provided and no go with:

Server: 'pop.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10061

Any help would definitely be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email setup in Outlook 2010
kingdel45

I have just installed office 2013 on my new computer.  I want to access my email which is {edited for privacy}

I can't seem to get authentication correct.  I have had this email address for some time.

Please advise

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email setup in Outlook 2013
kingdel45

how can i get my email setup

0 Likes
kingdel45

setup 2013 outlook?

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

"Dear reader:  Welcome to the Forums!  You've posted the same question three times in 8 minutes.  That may be a new record.  Please stand by and your call will be answered by the next available operator."

Sorry, but it's been a long day.  Clearly there was absolutely no way I could resist and I hope you don't mind the silly response.  In any case, here are some ideas on how to ask effective questions in the forums that will get you the solutions you are looking for:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Is-Verizon-Deleting-Responses/m-p/480...

0 Likes
LDM_Dell8300

I honestly think that my post was pretty darn specific. This subject matter indicates Outlook 2013 but I have Outlook 2010 (probably not much difference in at least setting a basic email account up). I have coded all of the parameters that were indicated in the email that Verizon sent which match the web page to a "T".

0 Likes
LDM_Dell8300

Except I did not indicate:

DELL 8300

12 gig memory

1 TB hard drive 

Windows 7

And probably should add after reviewing other messages that I have Kaspersky anti-virus ( can't see why this would make a difference).  My issue just started happening today. But again of course I did not change the email definitions which had been indicated needed to be changed until I started having the problem.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I think armond_in_nj was responding to kingdel45, not to you, LDM_Dell8300. User kingdel45 posted repeatedly and provided no settings.

LDM_Dell8300:

You have provided the incoming settings, but the error you provided is for a send error. In order to advise on that, we would at the very least need to see what you have setup for the outgoing settings. It is possible that your security software is interfering with the outgoing mail, by running an outgoing mail scan and causing the connection to time out.

LDM_Dell8300

Yes I will give KUDOs (the definitions were set up just as Verizon wants).  I was still using the old settings until today when problems arose and then changed to these settings. Since Outlook was doing the test to verify definitions these were never implemented. In fact the message was sent but then could not be received. Going to Verizon email in a browser these test messages were there. Then went into Outlook this afternoon to get my gmail and the old settings were working again. These are the settings Verizon said to use:

Server

Current Setting

New Setting

SSL Enabled

Port

POP3 Server

incoming.verizon.net

pop.verizon.net

YES

SMTP Server

outgoing.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

YES

Depending on your email application, you may need to disable/turn off Secure Password Authentication and, if applicable, make sure your Authentication method is set to “Password” or “Normal password.” In addition, you may need to reboot/restart your device for these new settings to take effect and for your email to continue working properly.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email setup in Outlook 2010
Cowboy1949

Dear, LDM_Dell8300,

Did you try Port: 587?

0 Likes