Verizon Email to MSN premium email client?
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I had Verizon DSL, I had no problems.   I switched to FiOS 2 weeks ago, and up until yesterday everything was fine, but all of a sudden, MSN email client(MSN Premium) keeps telling me that my username or password are incorrect.   I've checked the POP3 settings, and as far as I can see, they are correct.    In so far as nothing is changed from when I used it with DSL.   So, what's going on?   I would like help with this because I HATE the FiOS Yahoo experience!!!!   I would like to remove it and NOT take the AOL experience either.  But I don't see where that's possible.  The only option is to change to the AOL experience. I don't want either. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email to MSN premium email client?
James_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

hbic3,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the email switch to FiOS from DSL. Unfortunately, Verizon no longer has MSN as an option for a Portal Experience. The current choices are Yahoo!, AOL, or no Portal Experience. Do you currently have Yahoo! as your portal experience? If so, your only option is to call into FiOS Tech support and request assistance getting switched over to the AOL experience, which doesn't require that you use AOL. THEN, you'll have no portal experience and will be able to proceed on through Verizon normally.

So, in short, IF you have the Yahoo! experience right now (as your post seems to imply), you will have to switch to the AOL experience through FiOS Tech Support. Call 1-800-Verizon and request change over. Once you have been successfully changed over to AOL (pretty quick and easy usually), you will just not use the AOL features. They really consist of having a Verizon connection to an AOL account.

Hope this Helps,

James_VZ  d-_-b

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.