Verizon Emails Windows 8
books0209

I just bought a new computer with Windows 8 as Operating System.  Found out that at this time I could not receive my Verizon Emails through Windows Email.  I was told by someone in Verizon that it is not available yet.

I get my Emails through Web page, very time consuming.

Anyone have any clue when it will be available, or how to circumvent Emails on Web?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Emails Windows 8
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Pretty much never.  Windows 8 mail does not support POP3, and Verizon does not support IMAP or EAS.  

Niether Company has even a whisper, at this time, of changing how that functionality works. 

So there are alternatives for folks that have win 8, but you definetely can't use Verizon POP email with the default win 8 mail app. 

Setting up email in Windows 8 - does not support PoP3 email accounts???

Verizon Email accounts and Windows 8 Mail App

Windows 8 - POP# email

Outlook on Windows 8 will not work with POP

nausetoversand

Had the same issue. Although I could get my mail. I didn't have the boxes on the left of the page ie: inbox, outbox,trash, compose, etc. The solution was to download google chrome, and login to verizon's webmail from there and everything worked fine.

0 Likes
TryingToHelp

JUST OPEN GOOGLE CHROME...GO TO VERIZON SITE AND SIGN IN...EMAIL WILL WORK... I JUST DID IT

0 Likes
Aonymous

Someone is missing the point.  The point is to get e-masil directly without having to to to verizon page.  Does anyone know how to do that in Win 8?

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use another client other than the built-in one.  Microsoft's Live Essentials for example.