Verizon FIOS E-mail Spam Filter - How to edit Whitelist
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

I have Verizon FIOS 'net service.  Yesterday Thursday 08/21, one of my regular daily *.com sites e-mail notifications were being moved to the Spam folder.  The site is   Bleepingcomputer.com

I checked the Spam Filter in the Verizon e-mail section but I don't see an option to add a "Whitelist" exclusion, to allow email's from the site to be received in my Inbox instead of being sent to the Spam folder.

Has something changed within the last day with Verizon's system Spam Filter settings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon FIOS E-mail Spam Filter - How to edit Whitelist
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The SpamDetector's "whitelist" is called "Safe Senders" - Go to Settings at the top, then Email Settings on the left, then Blocking under that header on the left. Add the domain you want to receive messages from to the Safe Senders section at the bottom. (The section may be collapsed. If so, click on the triangle/arrow on the right to expand it.)

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

You can send an update email request to spamdetector.update@verizon.net.

To do that you forward the email from the bleeping computer that showed up in your spam detector

Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Smiley Happy, will give that a try and report back with status.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're familiar with reading mail headers, you may want to consider checking to see if Bleeping Computer's messages are being filtered due to a change they made to their mail infrastructure. Sometimes it's something simple that causes a message to be spammed, and a quick e-mail to the webmaster will solve.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The SpamDetector's "whitelist" is called "Safe Senders" - Go to Settings at the top, then Email Settings on the left, then Blocking under that header on the left. Add the domain you want to receive messages from to the Safe Senders section at the bottom. (The section may be collapsed. If so, click on the triangle/arrow on the right to expand it.)

Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

↑ Thanks Smiley Happy  I just added that e-mail into the "safe" list.  I didn't see that option the first time I looked in that section.

I'll know soon if it works for me.

0 Likes
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Worked great Smiley Happy  Thanks again.

0 Likes