Verizon Fios Availabilty
wudawg08

To whom it may concern,

I live in a nicely developed area in my city. My home was built in 2004. I have lived here for 3 years. I constantly check for when Fios will become available to me and i am constantly disapointed. I can not download any movies in a timely manner. I watch NetFlix regularly and have to deal with pixels due to my DSL speed. I have the fastest plan available to me via DSL. 

What do I need to do to get Fios in my neighborhhod?!? Sign petetions? Fill out forms? Please let me know so I can begint that process. Many of us out here are waiting to give you our money for this plan and cant get an answer from anyone. Im tired of waiting for that email from Verizon that Fios is now available. 

If this continues, I must say I will leave verizon just for peace of mind that another company at least wants to keep me as a customer.

sincerely,

Eddie Herrera

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Availability
Brooklyn_Steve

I often wonder about the same question, when will Verizon actually install FIOS versus just looking like they are doing something.  I was told by a technician that Verizon really has little interest in FIOS and wants to wait until they can connect everyone via wireless.

Over the summer my neighborhood, Brooklyn Heights, NY was blanketed with "FIOS Now Available' mailings. After the 6th mailing, I was told that FIOS was available for my house.  The installation appointment was setup for 2-weeks later.  Verizon, without calling me, cancelled that install.  After speaking to a number of customer service reps, all of whom have been trained not to give any real information, I find out that FIOS was not yet close enough to my house, hence the cancelled install. 

I have repeatedly called for "real" information, such as, how far away is FIOS and when can I expect to get it.  The only response I get whether by phone or email is "Sorry FIOS is not yet available at your location, please check back at a later time".

I am getting to the point where I may switch my phone and internet to Time Warner since I hate the low speed DSL.

Does anyone know how to get a FIOS install schedule from Verizon or are they just totally disorganized and have no clue themselves?

Steven

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Availabilty
PJL
Master - Level 3

Eddie, where do you live?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Eddie,

At this time FIOS is only completing installing in areas where they have previously signed agreements to install FIOS.  If you are not in one, don't expect them to install anytime soon.  Steven is apparently in Brooklyn, which is part of NYC where they are suppose to install and meet certain levels by the end of 2014.

0 Likes
Brooklyn_Steve

TNS_2,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know how the Verizon NYC agreement works?  From my prospective, it looks like they began wiring Brooklyn Heights over the summer  and have  now stopped.  This is based on simple observation, over the summer there where FIOS decalled trucks around the neighborhood, now they are gone.

Does FIOS need to have XXX customers in a neighborhood to say it is wired to comply with the contract and have that neighborhood count?  That would surly explain their methods.  Blitz the neighborhood with FIOS available mailings, sign up the easiest to connect homes and then move one. 

On the other hand if the contract means signing up everyone in the city that wants FIOS, this makes no sense.

Have you found anyone at FIOS that knows the real plan for how they are going to complete the NYC install?

Thanks,

Steven

0 Likes