Verizon My Domain billing
irishmompaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

We terminated our Verizon residential when we moved in August 2012 but retained our email accounts by paying the annual domain service fee.  Last month I got notified by the following email:

Upon review of our billing records, Verizon has discovered an error in your billing.  Your Verizon Your Domain  has remained active at no charge. As of "September 8, 2014" we plan to correct this error and want to let you know that: 

• On or after "September 8, 2014", we will begin billing you for Verizon Your Domain.
  • The charge for this service is $19.95 annually.
  • Your bill will be sent to:
  • If the billing address is incorrect, please call us at 1-800-VERIZON prior to "September 8, 2014".
  • If you wish to have your charges billed to your credit card, visit your Billing Help page and provide your information prior to "September 8, 2014".
  • If you wish to cancel this product please call us at 1-800-VERIZON.

As always, if have any questions, please visit us at Verizon.com or give us a call at 1-800-VERIZON.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

The address is my old one and when I called Verizon customer service I get transferred to the Domain desk and the recording tells me to call 1800 verizon for address changes.  I thought that once Sept 8 came and went that the billing would be available online to pay, but it only shows my old residential account as being paid in full.

We have called Verizon at several times and have spent hours on the phone.   The domains support desk says they can see the account but then transfer us to another number to get it updated and then those people say they can't help us without our residential phone number which was terminated.  We must have talked to ten different people so far and the only people that get the issue can't help us - it's another departments responsibility.  I would like to get the $19.95 paid, but I don't know how, and I don't want to lose my email addresses. 

Tags (1)
Re: Verizon My Domain billing
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes