Verizon Passwords in Outlook 2007
zoey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I set up my email accounts in Outlook, I checked the "save password" for all accounts.  Ever so often, Outlook starts asking me for the password when retrieving mail.  It has the password entered, but I must OK it.  Usually, if I reboot, the problem goes away.  However, today it is hanging on and driving me crazy.  I have both EarthLink and Verizon email accounts and it is only the Verizon ones that "lose" the password.

Anybody know what is going on and how I can fix it?  While keeping Outlook.

Thanks,

kjd

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Passwords in Outlook 2007
DuardF
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you will see posted elsewhere, the Verizon email system experienced a major outage today. When your copy of Outlook was unable to log in it assumed that the problem was that you changed your password and forgot to tell it - that's what usually happens. This time, that was not the problem. When Verizon came back up, Outlook went back to work and stopped complaining.

You are lucky that you did not work too hard trying to resolve the problem. People who tried changing their passwords or messing with more obscure settings will probably have to undo all those changes before they can reconnect.

View solution in original post

CRANIUM

Its bad...been out most of the day. same issue in Outlook '07. Have prime and secondary...both required passwords AGAIN and AGAIN..finally the primary seems to be up and pulling from the POP server however, the subaccount is still driving me crazy with dialogue box requesting passord..but refuses to pull mail. i have a suspecion this whole mess is tied to that message from VZ yesterday about the phishing issue...they are trying to trap the messages and in doing so have screwed up the entire email system..which sucks anyway

0 Likes
zoey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping someone had an idea as to solving this.  Currently, things are working well.  Cranium may be right, since I've done nothing and things now work.

kjd

0 Likes
DuardF
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you will see posted elsewhere, the Verizon email system experienced a major outage today. When your copy of Outlook was unable to log in it assumed that the problem was that you changed your password and forgot to tell it - that's what usually happens. This time, that was not the problem. When Verizon came back up, Outlook went back to work and stopped complaining.

You are lucky that you did not work too hard trying to resolve the problem. People who tried changing their passwords or messing with more obscure settings will probably have to undo all those changes before they can reconnect.

bunamama

So...this has or has not been fixed yet? I'm still having problems. The password box pops up consistently on Outlook 07.

0 Likes
zoey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, DuardF.

I have had cases of my saved passwords getting lost, but I knew this was not the case.  Next time this happens, I will know the problem is with Verizon, not me.  So thanks again for the response.

kjd

0 Likes
zoey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

@bunamama wrote:

So...this has or has not been fixed yet? I'm still having problems. The password box pops up consistently on Outlook 07.

Sorry, bunamama, I hope your Outlook is working by now.  Mine was fixed by the time I wrote the second message.

kjd

0 Likes
DuardF
Enthusiast - Level 2

@bunamama wrote:

Try logging in to verizon.com, go to My Verizon and click on the email button. Do you see your email? If not, either Verizon is having a problem or you logged in wrong.

If you logged in okay and saw your email, but Outlook is still asking for passwords, then Outlook has forgotten your password(s) and you will have to give the correct password(s) to outlook. Be sure to tell Outlook to save the password or you will be doing this all night.

0 Likes