Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon SMTP Outgoing server issues

KandSD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon SMTP Outgoing server issues

Message 11 of 15
(1,381 Views)

Having same problem. Outgoing email cannot contact smtp server.

Tried on three different Macs and an iPhone. Not a Microsoft issue. Verizon, your prompt attention to fixing this is appreciated. Thanks!

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 15
(1,300 Views)

I was having no problem in FL.  But then I don't use Verizon's DNS for my home network.

Fishnmanmichael
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 15
(1,286 Views)

Looks like the fixed the Microsoft, Apple, Thunderbird, etc, SMTP/DNS issue!  Thank you everyone that replied...Maybe one of the Verizon moderators will come on and let us know what the fix was...I am not holding my breath though.  Happy New Year!

YankeeDoodle
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 14 of 15
(909 Views)

SMTP Outgoing Server Issues on Long Island, New York this AM

pl
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 15 of 15
(685 Views)

Verizon is sort of a sad operation, and I wonder how long it will be around.  Every step seems a misstep.

My SMTP problems are becoming routine.  SMTP servers have been around for 30 years, and it's hard to see how most anyone could have such difficulty operating one.  On the other hand, they also seem to have difficulty writing routines for their web servers, so I guess they are consistent in some sense.

Today, here in Md, I get a failed authentication on every other attempt to send.  That just started today, but it reappears every couple of weeks.

If have no reason to think they will be able to improve; when one fails in such simple things, there is little to hope for.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title