Re: Verizon SMTP Outgoing server issues
KandSD

Having same problem. Outgoing email cannot contact smtp server.

Tried on three different Macs and an iPhone. Not a Microsoft issue. Verizon, your prompt attention to fixing this is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was having no problem in FL.  But then I don't use Verizon's DNS for my home network.

0 Likes
Fishnmanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like the fixed the Microsoft, Apple, Thunderbird, etc, SMTP/DNS issue!  Thank you everyone that replied...Maybe one of the Verizon moderators will come on and let us know what the fix was...I am not holding my breath though.  Happy New Year!

0 Likes
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

SMTP Outgoing Server Issues on Long Island, New York this AM

0 Likes
pl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is sort of a sad operation, and I wonder how long it will be around.  Every step seems a misstep.

My SMTP problems are becoming routine.  SMTP servers have been around for 30 years, and it's hard to see how most anyone could have such difficulty operating one.  On the other hand, they also seem to have difficulty writing routines for their web servers, so I guess they are consistent in some sense.

Today, here in Md, I get a failed authentication on every other attempt to send.  That just started today, but it reappears every couple of weeks.

If have no reason to think they will be able to improve; when one fails in such simple things, there is little to hope for.

0 Likes