Verizon SPAM Stupidity
LookieLou1

Verizon is blocking my one email as 'spam". Repeat, ONE email. Spam means someone is sending lots of UNwanted email. Spam should be defined as what I receive and not what I send. Especially if it is ONE email to someone who wants to receive it. The email originated from another Verizon customer. And it got to my Verizon inbox. I then tried to forward it to ONE other person. That alone makes it NON spam. By definition. Plus it not 2kb in size. YetVerizon software blocks it. And even disables my verizon account for a while. THAT is dumb policy to treat customers as spammers. Someone is trying to drive customers away from Verizon. And they will succeed. Go figure,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon SPAM Stupidity
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I just had a similar experience and for the first time.  I tried to forward a joke someone sent me to one other person and I got this as a result:

As suggested in the error message I went to /spamfaq where it suggested that if a message was bounced as spam, send the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for evaluation. 

The problem is that when trying to send the message to that email address, it bounces with the same error message.

Not being able to forward this joke isn't the end of the world here, but should the same error happen with a more important message, I'd like to be able to do something about it.  How can I report this false flag if I can't send the message to the Verizon email address?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@eljefe wrote:

I just had a similar experience and for the first time.  I tried to forward a joke someone sent me to one other person and I got this as a result:

As suggested in the error message I went to /spamfaq where it suggested that if a message was bounced as spam, send the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for evaluation. 

The problem is that when trying to send the message to that email address, it bounces with the same error message.

Not being able to forward this joke isn't the end of the world here, but should the same error happen with a more important message, I'd like to be able to do something about it.  How can I report this false flag if I can't send the message to the Verizon email address?

It shouldn't bounce.  I know it has worked in the past.  Make sure any mail is only directed to that address.

If it doesn't work you will have to try to work with Verizon support by phone.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Thanks for the reply but I'm affraid I don't care enough about this problem to try to deal with phone support.

When I sent the mesage to the spamdector it was indeed only to that address, and I tried several times.

If any staffer reads this and is willing to get involved, I'd be willing to send them the message using another SMTP server.  I thought of doing that to the spamdector email address but I figured if that's an automated analyzer it probably wouldn't work with a non-Verizon SMTP source.

0 Likes