Verizon Sold Everything To Frontier
RookJ

As of this month, and for the next 4-6 months, Verizon will be handing off all Verizon business - phone, internet & FiOS TV (except Wireless) to a company called Frontier.  I, in Indiana, was PUSHED off Verizon Yahoo mail 2 weeks ago and the e-mail provided to us is a real piece of crap - and they know it ,,,, and frankly don't think they care - it won't be their problem anymore.  Verizon has basically fulfilled any obligation to Frontier for a e-mail application - regardless of how bad it is - and it's bad.  My wife was on hold today for an hour to discuss all the problems we have encountered - and the response to all issues was, "Mam, the e-mail application is an unfinished product".  Are you kidding me!!!???  They forced fourteen states onto an application they know is a work in progress and is full of bugs.  I guess, if Verizon knew anything about e-mail apps they won't have had a contract with Yahoo in the first place.

The bullet/numbered items function doesn't work - regardless the number of line items it flags the whole e-mail as ONE bullet or ONE numbered item.  The spell checker is horrible it flags correctly spelled words as wrong.  For example the word 'There' is flagged as wrong.  It high-lights the letter 'r' as wrong and suggests you replace 'r' with 're', 'ra' to name a few. You can't set a default font or font size.  My wife had about 150 contacts - Verizon lost about 80 contacts from her Yahoo account when they copied to new e-mail account ... Verizon support said she has to manually re-enter any contacts they didn't copy - no apology, no solutions. 

I've been logged out of e-mail while I was composing an e-mail - and I had only been logged on about 40 minutes.  I've logged into e-mail only to have a blank white screen.  I've tried to open folders - and have it empty even though the left panel says there are 8 e-mails in the folder.

There really is no recourse for us.  What are we going to do - leave Verizon and go to Comcast?  We don't have that option because Verizon left us.  It's not like we can vote or choose with our wallet because Verizon sold all responsibility to Frontier - so they don't care - it's not their money they are losing. It's really a joke that any Verizon Admin would be on these Message Boards - in a short time they won't be involved with us any more - so they can promise anything because they don't have to follow-up on the promise ,,, just hand it off.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Sold Everything To Frontier
prisaz
Legend

Try Gmail or Hotmail. Then you can blame Google or Microsoft. Sorry for your troubles.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Sold Everything To Frontier
BUICKGS68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm willing to give Frontier the benefit of the doubt - - even with my own email troubles (Verizon Yahoo!).  But one would have thought that the email transition would have been smoother, since this thing has been in the works for months.  I for one have been happy so far with my Hotmail/Windows Live email experience, which is really quite flawless with Windows 7, much more so than my Verizon email experience.  Just some new things to learn.  And heck, I might even open up a new email account with Frontier once we see the changeover.  Obviously, Frontier has nothing to lose and everything to gain with their new customers in the 14 states......so for now, things can only get better, right?!

Does anyone know when the actual handovers will happen?  I'm assuming that Verizon or Frontier will let us know......and hopefully we will actually be informed of who/what/where/when/why before it does. 

0 Likes