Verizon WebMail Email Messages Disappearing
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I use the MyVerizon 2.0 webmail application to view my email messages remotely.  I have reported that a few weeks ago my email messages have been disappearing from my inbox.  Today, the messages disappeared again from my inbox.  My email client at home is Windows Live Mail.  I have in the options to leave a copy on the server checked so that the messages do not get wiped out.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any solution out there?  I suspect a problem with the Verizon Webmail application since this did not happen before it was updated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon WebMail Email Messages Disappearing
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

It appears that after changing my password, that the emails have remained on the server and are viewable using webmail so far.  I now suspect that some POP3 client was downloading them somehow.  That is the only conclusion I can come to at this point.

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Quick question: you don't by chance have either of the boxes checked in Windows Live Mail to delete messages from the server after some number of days or when you delete from your Deleted Items do you? Those boxes are right under the box for leaving copies on the server. And if you have the one set for removing when you delete, and have WLM set to delete from the Deleted Items when you close WLM, then they will go away on the server automatically when WLM is shut down.

Other than that I have no idea. I use Windows Live Mail but I do not leave copies on the server since I now only have one PC. I have changed the setting and will see if I can reproduce your problem. But of course no guarantees....

Hope you find the solution. If you do, be sure to report back here to help others in the future.

Keller, TX 76248

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Justin-  I just checked my Live Email settings and I do not have those boxes checked.  I saw another similar post about something to do with a POP3 mail client grabbing them.  I changed my account password and I will see if that has any affect.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Rick,

Any update on your problem? It has only been a few days since I changed my setting in WLM to leave a copy of all messages on the server, but so far it appears all of the messages I have received in WLM are still on the server and viewable using the web interface.

One thing to keep in mind: I think Verizon reserves the option to delete emails from the server after they have been in the inbox for 30 days or more. So that is one way that emails can just "disappear."

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

It appears that after changing my password, that the emails have remained on the server and are viewable using webmail so far.  I now suspect that some POP3 client was downloading them somehow.  That is the only conclusion I can come to at this point.

Justin46
Legend

Good to hear. I have accumulated emails in my inbox just fine so far, not lost any that I know of, so I have not been able to replicate your problem. I will now happily go change my email client to delete the messages on the server again Smiley Very Happy

Hope you don't have any problems in the future.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mvyoung1

I too am experiencing disappearing email messages when checking email remotely.  It is frustrating when you forget a password to another site and they send it to your email and you never see it and cannot therefore access the other site.  In this case it was to pay a bill.  Help!  Please tell me how to fix this.

0 Likes