Verizon/Yahoo Email Compatibility
castlebuilder1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to figure out why my email account will not receive messages from Yahoo email accounts.  Since it is such a pain in the @*% to get the info from Verizon tech support, I was hoping someone in the community may be able to help.  Thanks!

Re: Verizon/Yahoo Email Compatibility
Not applicable

Is this happening to your webmail or are you using an email client i.e. Outlook

castlebuilder1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  It is happening with my web mail.  I can neither send a message to a Yahoo address, nor can I receive one.

castlebuilder1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, scratch that.  I was able to send a message to my Yahoo account.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Check to make sure you haven't accidentally added yahoo.com to your Blocked Senders list. If you haven't, can you try sending a message from your yahoo.com account and tell us what (if any) error message you get back?

0 Likes
castlebuilder1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply but it still isn't working.  Yahoo is not in my blocked senders list and when I send a message from Yahoo, it transmits OK, but then disappears into cyberspace.  

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@castlebuilder1 wrote:

Thank you for your reply but it still isn't working.  Yahoo is not in my blocked senders list and when I send a message from Yahoo, it transmits OK, but then disappears into cyberspace.  

If it's just disappearing with no error, it's being deleted somewhere. When Verizon blocks mail, the sender receives a bounceback. Make sure your Spam Detector is set to send spam to a folder instead of deleting it, and check your filters. When checking your filters, pay close attention to does not conditions vs. does conditions.

Beyond that, you'll probably have to call tech support. We can't view your account, so if it's not something you can check you'll have to talk to someone that can view it.

There are options for contacting tech support on Verizon's Contact Us page. I've had good luck with the Live Chat, but you may have a different experience.

0 Likes