Verizon Yahoo Email - How to reset email Password
gigi111
Enthusiast - Level 2

1.  I find no way on verizon.net to manage my primary email account or create a sub account.

2.  I have a verizon yahoo email account that has been running on my ipad for a year.  Tried to add it to my iphone and get the userid or password not matching issue.  I can also login to verizon.net and access email.

I'm thinking I'd like to rest the primary email account password but CANNOT find this on verizon.net, much less find the local to manage email accounts.  The online tutorial video no longer refflects the GUI.

3.  I cannot log directly into yahoo email, it only works if I pass through from verizon.net using my verizon.net account credentials.

Help is appreciated.

Re: Verizon Yahoo Email - How to reset email Password
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
gigi111
Enthusiast - Level 2

No but thanks.  Problem is I set it up on my iPAD last year through add new email, selected YAHOO.  I'm guessing that the email password is different and my mother in law did not write it down.

We can log into verizon.net (obviousely) but I see no place to change email account passwords.   I'm thinking if I change it an may resolve the problem by using it on both devices.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
gigi111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try that link.  When I enter my email address it tells me there is no known yahoo account associated with it.

I called Verizon Tech help today got transferred 4 times and no one was able to help nor did they understand my issue.  I also had trouble understanding their accents.

At this point I'd be happy to just unlink yahoo from my verizon.net account but no body seems to understand or be able to help.  I explained that there appears to be a defect on the web site when I click change password in verizon/yahoo email page it takes me to a Yahoo page with my verizon email address prepopulated as the login id.  When i enter my verizon.net password the credentials fail.  Then I click the 'can't log in link' which prompts me for my email address associated with a yahoo account.  The response is there is no account.  I am in a perpetual circle.

Its amazing that Verizon can engineer the system, build the GUI but the suppor people don't even understand what a bug is.  All they want to do is reset my password.  We've done that 10 tmes but it doesn't seem to carry over to the yahoo portal. 

I also understand Verizon no longer uses yahoo email with new customers which may explain why this integration and support is broken down.  This gets me back to wanting to divoce my account from yahoo but folks on the support end don't understand what I'm trying  to do.  After the 4th transfer and silence after I explained the entire situation I told them to forget it, as I'll create a gmail account.  Probably better off anyway siince they support imap.

0 Likes
gigi111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add that the verizon tech help appear to have no visual conception of the screens I'm looking at.  This is poor support.  Yes I work in IT and find it especially frustrating that Verizon appears so far behind.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello gigi11

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes