Verizon Yahoo Mail
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I subscribed to Verizon DSL about three years ago I was asked to pick MSN or Yahoo to go along with it. I thought that it was mandatory. I called Verizon about a year ago to remove Yahoo and just have Verizon I was  told no. Is there a way that I can have Yahoo removed? Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Mail
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can get you off of Yahoo. We will need some account information so we can enable the switch. I have sent you a private message to get more information

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read your private message and did what you said. Thanks!

0 Likes
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Joe,

There is a new option for customers to remove the Yahoo portal from with in your account.

1.) Login to www.MyVerizon.com with your primary email address

2.) Go to Account at the top

3.) Select Account Profile and scroll down to Online Experience

4.) Click on the "Change My Online Experience"

There will be 3 boxes you must check off that you understand the changes stated then select confirm. That will cease your Yahoo portal set up.  Afterward go to your computers control panel to uninstall the Yahoo software.

If you have any questions or need further assistance let us know.

Thank you

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mike I did what you said then I went to control panel and deleted Yahoo. Now I have no email and my homepage still says Verizon Yahoo. Now I am really stumped on what to do!

I want my acount to revert back to just verizon and verizon email. Since I have no email I'll return here later to read your response.

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mike everything is ok now!  Thanks!

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like to drop yahoo. If I drop yahoo will the verizon.net email address I currently have still work?

Regards,

Walter

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes your email address will stay the same, mine did!

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try next weekend. I have been having problems [since July 2010, yes 2010] with emails to the sub accounts getting bounced back. The 7th and final verizon tech I talked to blamed yahoo for the problem. Thanks again

0 Likes
JoeNagle
Enthusiast - Level 3

@WalterOlson wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try next weekend. I have been having problems [since July 2010, yes 2010] with emails to the sub accounts getting bounced back. The 7th and final verizon tech I talked to blamed yahoo for the problem. Thanks again

Thank You!

Joe Nagle-Baltimore, MD

0 Likes