Verizon Yahoo Mail
Carl_Del

Saturday, The ability to receive EMails on one sub-account failed.  After 1.5 hours on the phone, they said it would be fixed in 24 hours.  Indeed, it was fixed Sunday only long enough for one email to go thru, then failed again.  I spent 45 minutes on the online help with an agent monday before the system said I had been on too long and threw me off.  Indeed, I agree, I have spent way too long trying to get this fixed.  Today, tuesday, a second sub account has failed in a different way.  I am now convinced that Yahoo's Servers have flawed maintenance software.  We decided to quit trying and notify people that our Verizon Email accounts simply were not working.  I also am convinced that the people at Verizon have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it and the problem is in Yahoo.

I will post again, if my EMail is fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Mail
KaptainKovina

Friday night I started having trouble with my Verizon email, after 40 minutes with tech support I had some luck accessing it. Monday morning I was using my mail and it just went out completely. I called tech support and the woman explained that that my browser was out of date. I asked which browser (I use Safari, Firefox, Opera and IE) was suddenly out of date  and on which computer (I had the same problem on four of my computers at the same time). She said I had to install Google Chrome (which I hate) and we could still not access ANY Verizon web site. After she spent the next hour (the total time of the call was 118 minutes) controlling my computer she said she would send the case to the next level. I was able to go next door and log on using his Time Warner connection to check my mail. After doing this twice, my password no longer worked and I was locked out again! I called Verizon back and they said that email tech services was working on my case and had probably changed my password (what!!!???) so they could work on it. I was told they would contact me within twenty four hours (still no word). Finally it started working late in the afternoon. In less than a dozen hours I had been sent my current bill, you know that they are going to make certain THAT email gets through. Hey Verizon, just man up and say that your having problems with your server instead of keeping us on the line for a total of over three hours.

0 Likes
Carl_Del

Of course, the mail crash came the day before we left on the auto train for Florida.  Of course, we are staying right now with relatives just north of Cape Canaveral and just south of Daytona.  And, strange, you get NO Verizon wireless service here.  So, finally a phone TXT message saying that they had resolved the situation.  And, of course it was not resolved.  I went to the fioshelp site and they had already closed out the ticket {edited for privacy} in case anyone from Verizon actually cares and looks.  We decided to ignore the situation and tell our friends that Verizon EMail was just not working until we get home.

I expect that what we will do then will be to just kill the sub-account and start another.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carl_Del,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes