Verizon Yahoo
JMoss1

I want to stop using yahoo for my verizon email, how do I do that?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo
Bettsvs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to move off of the Yahoo Servers also.  I have had similar problems in the past and am sick and tired of wasting my time because setting change without my knowledge.  Since there is information out there regarding recent changes for the verizon.net servers, I have to think support might be betters. OR perhaps its time to change ISPs?

I have received no notification of changes required from Verizon.  One week ago, email downloads began to fail.  After lengthy chats with 2 Verizon support people, I learned that due to a security upgrade, my outgoing port needed to be changed. (to 587)

Email downloads worked for a few days and then began to fail again.  Normal tech support is not "trained in Windows Live Mail" and after attempting to help me for about an hour referred me to Premium Support.  For 14.99 per month for 10 months, they claim they could help me (that would be $149.90  to get email settings).  They claim that nothing has changed since last week.  I told them that either Windows Live Mail is no longer compatible with Verizon Yahoo Email Accounts or they are trying to make me pay a lot of money for something they should just be able to tell me.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo
Bettsvs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scroll down - Anthony VZ provides instructions for getting off Yahoo!!  I am free and it feels great.

0 Likes