Verizon and Yahoo email linked. Help’
dklanderman

I am locked out of my yahoo email for almost a week becase they locked my account due to a security issue.  When I try to set up a new password, I get redirected to the Verizon website.  I've read that I am not the only one that has had this issue and it because my yahoo and verizon emails are both linked.   I can't log into my yahoo account and I can't find a way to unlink them from the verizon end.   My husband had the same problem last November and only Verizon could resolve the issue. How do we fix this?  So frustrating. Verizon support has had me change unassociated accounts multiple times and seek to be in the dark. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon and Yahoo email linked. Help’
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dklanderman,

If your password includes a special character, login to Verizon.com, click on where it says HI and your name to go into the Profile for the Verizon.com website. Go down to Security then Change Password and change the Verizon Password from a Password that DOES use a Special Character to one that DOES NOT… Then log out and back in confirm that the password change has worked and then go to the Verizon.yahoo.com website and login.

0 Likes
dklanderman

Thanks for the feedback.

can you please tell me what to do if my Verizon password has no special characters?  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dklanderman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes