Verizon appears to be blocking my connection to outgoing.verizon.net port 25 please help?
nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

This might not be the correct place to ask, but it is impossible to find any support contact number or email. I run a volleyball game and send an email to my players twice a week to about 150 people. I send the email one recipient at a time 15 seconds apart from this ip address: {edited for privacy}
You guys starting blocking that server last monday sept 22nd at some point.
Your own policy page ...
https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_policies&id=EmailPolicy

says no more than 500 emails an hour. I'm sending at most 150 emails and a lot slower than 1 hour. I've been going back and forth with the live chat people to no avail. Please unblock my ip address from your smtp servers, I am a paid up customer who never complains about anything. I am happy with my fios service and I'd just like to send email via my verizon account which is a service I pay for.
If you can not handle this request please forward to whatever department can and copy me so I know who next to contact. 

Re: Verizon appears to be blocking my connection to outgoing.verizon.net port 25 please help?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your right about this being the wrong place.  You are talking to peers here.

You are however using old server names and ports.

You should be using smtp.verizon.net port 465 with SSL

see

http://verizon.com/emailsettings

They are definitely in the process of closing down the old servers.

Re: Verizon appears to be blocking my connection to outgoing.verizon.net port 25 please help?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon.com/port25 

they block port 25 for all non-static ip customers

if you have a static ip then port 25 is not blocked and you don't have those rules imposed on you, BUT if you use their smtp relay then you're subject to all of their spam policies.

Verizon.net/emailsettings to get all the current settings

nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

except it seems I can't connect to that either...

{edited for privacy}telnet smtp.verizon.net 465

Trying {edited for privacy}...

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

0 Likes
nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have a static ip via my FIOS service, but I am not sending the mail from my house either.

I am using my verizon login to authenticate to the smtp server, so why should it matter where the connection is coming from?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I'm able to hit it just fine,  if you have multiple machines, try it on another one.  You might have a bad firewall rule blocking it.      Connection Status : Connection to smtp.verizon.net on port 465 was successful

0 Likes
nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well thanks for your help everybody.

I can't connect from other machines either. 

outgoing.verizon.net seems to be gone.

smtp.verizon.net 465 works from some machines and not others.

I looked at my mail client and noticed that apparently for years I've been using gmail for my outgoing mail so I only ever used verizon's email for my volleyball game list, and I guess they just block everything now.

Oh well.

I'd like some money back since I don't get to use the service anymore.... 😞

Thanks for the input everybody.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A simple telnet will not work it has to be a SSL connection.  Someone posted how to do this but I don't remember where.

0 Likes
nixomose
Enthusiast - Level 2

A simple telnet will not enable me to have any kind of conversation with the server, but it will tell me if I can at least establish a TCP connection, which is where my problem is. I should be able to telnet and get a "Connected to..." but I don't even get that.

No worries, I switched away from verizon so now everything is happyish again.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nixomose wrote:

A simple telnet will not enable me to have any kind of conversation with the server, but it will tell me if I can at least establish a TCP connection, which is where my problem is. I should be able to telnet and get a "Connected to..." but I don't even get that.

No worries, I switched away from verizon so now everything is happyish again.

Nope, it will be rejected as if it didn't exist.

0 Likes