Verizon broke my Email - Need Support
Hobnob123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using Verizon My Domain for around 4 months now since I dropped my other Verizon services.  I have a Verizon primary account email & 6 Verizon sub-account email addresses.  All my sub-accounts are currently working perfectly.  My primary account has worked perfectly up until just recently (problems discovered in the last few days.)  The issue(s):

Although I can retrieve my primary account email via Outlook using my alias, I suddenly can no longer login to the Verizon webmail app or "My Verizon" account using that alias.  I have to use my cryptic account ID.  When I try the alias, the result is:

"The information you entered does not match the information we have on file."

When I login to my primary account webmail app (using the cryptic ID), and go to the "Email Settings" tab, the "Default From address" still lists my full alias email address as the default, and also provides the unchosen dropdown options for the account ID version and the VYD version.  I'm still receiving & sending email addressed to that alias default (although recently they've been taking up to 5 hours to receive!?)

When I login to my actual "My Verizon" account (not webmail) and go to the Account Profile, "Manage Your Profile Settings", the "Verizon Email Alias" is still listed, but the actual "Verizon Email Address" is now empty?!  Instead of the options to manage "Spam Detector, Email Forwarding, Vacation Reply, Email Software" like it used to have, there's only an option to "Create Verizon Email".  If I try to re-"create" the address, it prompts me "Would you like to use your Verizon User ID as your email address?" A "Yes" response returns an error.

Now suddenly, in order to login to the webmail app or "My Verizon" even with the cryptic ID, the primary account is also forcing me to answer my "secret security question" on "unregistered" PCs, and confirm a "Security Image".  I don't have this requirement (yet) on any of the sub-accounts.

None of the above issues occur for *any* of my sub-accounts, nor did this happen until sometime in the last week or 2 for the primary account. The primary is my most important email address and I need to be able to access it via the webmail app when I'm away from home!  Using the cryptic ID is not practical - because it's cryptic!

I contacted VYD support (email-based only), and they responded: "Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot the situation as we do not manage Verizon email accounts." ...and referred me to a Verizon Customer Service #.  When I contacted Verizon, they refer me to the useless automated-only VYD phone# that refers you to the equally useless "repairmyemail.com".  So who actually supports a Verizon Email technical glitch caused by something new implemented by the Verizon Email Department?

Before they found out I was merely a VYD customer and referred me elsewhere, FiOS tech support stated that Verizon turned off the Email Alias feature for security reasons, although the alias still works for my Mail Client and for everything when using my sub-accounts.

I seemingly have nowhere else to turn to fix this missing "Verizon Email Address" in "My Verizon" account profile management.  Can a forum admin please create a "Support Case" link for me so that I have a chance to resolve this?

PS - For all those wondering, despite what VYD support tells you, your email ALIAS continues to function properly even after you drop your FiOS services.  In addition to sending/receiving email to the alias address, until the above issues on my primary alias, I could login using my alias to both WebMail and "My Verizon" Account settings.  I still can for my sub-accounts (and my mail client software still works with all the aliases, including my primary account.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon broke my Email - Need Support
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rChaz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Hobnob123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it's been over a week since my request for support, but no agent with access to my account has reached out to me yet.  I've checked spam - not lost there.  I've just reset my Verizon Community email setting to a gmail account, so maybe that will help delivery...

0 Likes
Hobnob123
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, progress!  My missing "Verizon Email Address" in "My Verizon" primary account profile management has been returned.  I'm still unable to login to the web-based account/email using the Alias, only my cryptic ID (although the Alias works via non-web email client such as Outlook.)

As I've read through other posts, including the "sticky" posts, I realize this seems related to the new passing of the web-login process through the "wireless" URL.  My primary account ID passes through this URL, while my primary account Alias uses the "old" wired URL; thus not in sync & likely why the Alias web-login fails.  All my sub-accounts use the "old" wired URL, regardless of ID or Alias, work fine, and don't require the more strict security measures such as the security image & PC registration to avoid the "secret question".

It's too bad this new security implementation has been so disruptive - inexcusable!  But I suppose Verizon will eventually straighten this all out, and maybe we'll even have less spam?  And maybe will avoid the frequent hours-long delays in delivery of email.  Kinda feels like USPS "snail mail" sometimes, and can make some email collaboration useless since some is delivered instantly & some delayed - all over the place and non-sequential.

Anyway, maybe someone could re-sync my primary account Alias & ID to use the same login URL so my Alias can be web-functional again?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rChaz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes