Verizon email Security changes - recent email alerrt
hags1

Re the recent emai from Verizon: "Verizon Online has modified the way email is handled when sent or received through an email application other than MyVerizon"

If I use Mac Mail to consolidate and view my email from various addresses (invluding verizon) do I need to do anything?  Also if I use iPhone to get email from various accounts....

Addendum - I have NOT yet changed any settings for Mac Mail or for my iPhone yet and am still getting my Verizon.net email so I guess i will wait and see if this changes before I do anything........

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email Security changes - recent email alerrt
Stainless1
Ok, I changed my iPad port settings and now I get not mail. Error says can't connect to server. Thanks Verizon.
0 Likes
jimdorn1

I did the change too and now most of the time I have to try 3-5 times before I can get my email using Outlook. If I try and send some small picture files it takes forever to send. Why am I paying for high speed internet? Verizon better get this fixed fast.

0 Likes
F_Rosengart
Enthusiast - Level 1

New Port settings do not work with Outlook Express...went back to old port settings & works fine. WHEN DO THESE NEW PORT SETTINGS TAKE EFFECT????  ty

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email Security changes - recent email alert
RDGuy

Like other unsuspecting customers, I made the email settings changes per the recent Verizon Notification,  Followed the instructions provided at the website for Outlook Express 5/6 and found that I could no longer send or receive mail.  Returned to the original settings and had no trouble at all.  Another fine mess, and no answers yet.

0 Likes
rcmichels1

I, too, got the email and made the changes.  Now I get nothing but error Ox800Ccc0F on my Outlook Express.  I would try going back to the old settings but now I can't remember them. *facepalm*  Can anyone help with that, please? 

0 Likes
kimrice

Changed my settings on all email addresses, now just I have failure after failure. When is Verizon going to fix this?

0 Likes
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too, I made the changes like a good doobee and they don't work so I restored the defaults (THANK YOU MailWasher for that little button...)

I am having trouble connecting with the old settings too, my  MailWasher POP3 client now can only connect to incoming.verizon.net about 1/3 of the time.  I am having no trouble outbound.

I hope Verizon issues updated instruction on this, because what they've sent so far is worse than useless.

0 Likes
blm4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I made the changes and sent test emails.  On my mac, the change worked for about 10 minutes.  After that, nothing.  My BB wouldn't take the changes.  I've gone back and now things work again.  What's going on?  Please, Verizon, what are we supposed to do?

F_Rosengart
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U GET A RESPONSE...ANYWHERE...I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...THANK YOU!

0 Likes