Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon email; Thunderbird client; Not working since 3/25/2013;server name change

SOLVED
billreith
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon email; Thunderbird client; Not working since 3/25/2013;server name change

Message 1 of 3
(1,786 Views)

Yesterday, 3/25/2013, I noticed that email wasn't working from my thunderbird client. After a day of assuming that the problem existed elsewhere, I found on this site where it says to use POP.VERIZON.NET, port 995, and SMTP.VERIZON.NET, port 465.  After grumbling why didn't I hear about this name change?, I changed them. At that time I noticed that the PORTS were wrong, too.  They'd been right, and now, not.  Most confusing.  I changed them.  Each account has CONNECTION SECURITY SSL/TLS and NORMAL PASSWORD.

But: when I try to connect, I get:  An error occurred during a connection to pop.verizon.net:995.  You have received an invalid certificate.....Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority.  Please get a new certificate...."

I am at a loss.  What's wrong, other than that email seems to be choking on security?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billreith
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon email; Thunderbird client; Not working since 3/25/2013;server name change

Message 2 of 3
(1,782 Views)

Found in another post where a person said the INCOMING.VERIZON.NET and OUTGOING.VERIZON.NET did still work, so I tried it, but still got that Certificate error.  Found someone else who said they had to say 'no connection security' before it would work, and so I tried that -- and it did.

Not thrilled about this, but the client is working again.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
billreith
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon email; Thunderbird client; Not working since 3/25/2013;server name change

Message 2 of 3
(1,783 Views)

Found in another post where a person said the INCOMING.VERIZON.NET and OUTGOING.VERIZON.NET did still work, so I tried it, but still got that Certificate error.  Found someone else who said they had to say 'no connection security' before it would work, and so I tried that -- and it did.

Not thrilled about this, but the client is working again.  

View solution in original post

BobAiello
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(1,339 Views)

last night their support (via chat) told me that email was down in my area. I was able to receive some email after that and now that is down again. Support via chat is not responding. 

Verizon is truly challenged.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.