Verizon email disappearing
rmsm90

I am having a problem with my verizon email disappearing.  I am using the verizon web interface.  Can someone help with this problem.  How can I keep my email accessible.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email disappearing
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Any time mail disappears from the server, there's a pretty good chance there's some device pulling it off. This can happen even without you intending it to. For example, the default Verizon setup for a long time (and possibly still) configured Outlook automatically unless you were paying attention and unchecked the box during the install.

The easiest way to fix it is to change your password. Once the device(s) can no longer authenticate, the disappearances should stop.

0 Likes
joenewcomer1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm only using the web interface with no other external email interface and I have the same issue. Why are my emails disappearing?? HELP!!!
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

what somegirl said is 100% true...your pw may have been compromised from a keylogger...run an antivirus scan as well as a malware scan and if its good change the pw or change your pw now then run the scans and if something is detected change the pw a 2nd time

0 Likes
chesbay1ah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep -- same issue. After squabbling with Verizon (who said I had to have deleted them or I was hacked) I changed my password. Now, today, I find that emails that I had saved specifically to track this issue all disappeared over the last day or two. My last email in my inbox is February 3. Does that sound coincidental? Something inside Verizon email is doing this -- and Verizon won't own up to the issue.

0 Likes
appleseeds

I've also had an issue with disappearing emails- I intentionally kept two emails that I needed for reference, that came in just two days ago.  Magically they've vanished, and they're not in my trash folder.  This is also not the first time I've had this issue.  It's not another device pulling my emails, and it's not a virus.  Emails are literally just disappearing with no rhyme or reason.  What's up Verizon???  Is this some kind of weird server issue or what?  This is really frustrating.

0 Likes
Billy-Brazil

Just happened to me. All emails from 2/19 through 3/6 disappeared. This is the worst email interface I have experienced. Marking something as spam is like a delete and you continue to receive the same spam.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes