Re: Verizon email is down?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dlparsons wrote:

I called at 11am EST and they told me email could be down 24-48 hours!  In what universe is this acceptable????  

In the universe where technical difficulties happen. Bear in mind that "could" is not "will."

As an aside, it's just email. Take a walk outside, call someone, have some herbal tea.

0 Likes
Re: Can't access my e-mail
ginak2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting the same message for the past hour. I have tried going in and out of the browser (IE) and I have tried Firefox, but always the same message.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Maybe they are switching over to IMAP Smiley Wink wishful thinking.

thebuttki

Same here.  What's odd is that the sub-account I use is unavailable but the primary account is accessible.  I am in MA btw.

0 Likes
tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

I too am in MD.  same issues here.

0 Likes
Re: E mail error
eilee1

my e-mail comes up with an error. please can u help me

0 Likes
carolynd11
Contributor - Level 1

email is very important to people.  people use it for their livelihood not just for personal things.

Verizon is supposed to be a premier technology company.  When free email never goes down, email you pay for should never go down.  "things Happen"  is crap.  Verizon should be able to take care of something like this immediately.  And herbal tea does not help business people who communicate by email. 

tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

as in MD.  displays  {"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}}

0 Likes
Re: E mail error
bobandmartha
Enthusiast - Level 1

10-01-2012  I have the same problem.  I tried to report it to verizon, but it asks me to ask a real question when I put in the error. ARG

{"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}}

0 Likes
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Down here on Long Island, NY. I was able to access it fine until around 9-9:30am. I use Outlook and whenever it checks for new email and says "Authorizing..." the box pops up asking for my user name and password (which are already filled in and *are* correct) to log on. And it keeps popping up. For some reason it has trouble getting past this "Authorizing" stage. If I click "Cancel" I get this error message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'Verizon email', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily Unavailable', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I wonder how "temporary" this problem will be. I know the earlier poster said that someone saying it could be down 24-48 hours doesn't mean that it "will" be. But still, the possibility is unacceptable to me. I use this account for business and yes I do have a gmail account, but I use it very rarely and will have to mass email everyone now letting them know.  I really hope this will take less than a day, and definitely less than 2 days, to fix. Back in the late 90s I had Prodigy as my ISP. I was in college then and at one point they had a statewide email outage that lasted 3-4 days and I ended up having to switch my service.

0 Likes