Re: Email service interruption
stevema1

Seems I am recieving an error code of 3002. I have noticed other post I find this an inconvience and a concern if hackers were able to get through a big company as Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
alfieee

Getting error code 3002 in Poughkeepsie NY

0 Likes
DEF_SuttonMA

Still down in Sutton MA

Was getting a login failure earlier, but now I can log on but there is no mail do download.  Hope there is a backup on the way.....

0 Likes
travellerva
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those saying they'll go to gmail instead, remember it also went down for around 24 hours not so long ago.  All email systems I know depend on a server of some kind at some point in their journey.  Servers crash.  

Accusing Verizon of not having backups is misplaced.  Of course they have backups of data - the problem is the email app process itself going bad. 

0 Likes
siglab

Email down in MA

why does Verizon not put a message up on there website.?

I called the phone and it is announced on tech support line

0 Likes
lcadkins

I've finally been able to log in and rec'd one email at 350 pm est - but when I did log in, I had ONE email, and I had a database of some 5,000 emails prior to this morning 😞  why in the heck isn't this on the  news anywhere?? Verizon trying to keep it hush hush??

0 Likes
ACH1

Email came back within the last hour here in SE Mass, Had two recent emails, I should have had 20 or so. Also my one folder has gone missing.

0 Likes
ljf214
Enthusiast - Level 2

In MA...

no longer get the errors on logging in - but everything is gone.  All folders.  Can now re-add the account on my mobile email and it takes, but all empty there too.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I just got access to my email page ,but all emails (sent, inbox,saved emails ) are gone. In fact it's like I'm starting all over as it says "No Folders". Is there any way I can get my emails back?

Holly

0 Likes
PhillyDave1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now 4:23 PM Eastern time. My email has been down ALL DAY. I am currently able to log in sporadically--I still sometimes get the now all-too-familiar 3002 error but occasionally I get the "normal" but depressingly emty email screen. I have no historical data whatsoever. I sent myself a test message from a freebie email account and I don't see that in my inbox. This is not a good omen; I had quite a bit of historical mail.

I happen to do email for a living, and all-day outages and apparent loss of data just DO NOT happen. Even when we run disaster recovery tests we have basic function back in an hour along with an EMAIL EXPLAINING WHAT'S GOING ON and the expected timeline for historical data restores.

Dave

Philly