Re: Emails lost only on main account
boris0071

Lee,

I have to say that the disconnect with issues and the customer service which Verizon provides is very concerning (horrible).

I have run into this issue before for other reasons. You would think they would look a the "ticket" that was opened to track the issue.  You would think that an outage as big as this would have an type of flash ongoing on their screens or in their service center. More like frustration center but anyways..........

0 Likes
Re: Emails lost only on main account
gr8snkbite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well i see emails are back up...able to recieve and send.....but....

all my folders are still NOT restored....hence much data still lost in the verizon cyber world.....completely UNSAT.....

where's the feedback from customer service on status...no further emails from verizon other than the one that informed us of the server issue....

Hey VERIZON......your customers DEMAND immedaite resolution, return of our files and a daily up to date status......is this so hard to do in todays technology....probably so for you guys....get with it....

0 Likes
Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
Momof42

I also lost all of my e-mails somewhere between Sunday (very late) and early Monday 10/1/12.  By Monday afternoon, I rec'd e-mails only from 3:30pm on. I called and was told there was a Nationwide Crash of a Hard drive, at a "Central Location" that no one seems to know where it is!  I was told everything would be restored by 9:30am on Tuesday, then I got a text, it would be fixed by 8pm EST Tuesday night, At 10:30pm, I did a "virtual" chat with someone named "Alonso" whose responses were very delayed leading me to believe "Alonso" was in another country and obviously had NO idea what was wrong. A woman in the billing department is crediting me a whopping $4.00 for my troubles, and told me she uses Yahoo for her e-mails because it never goes down!  My sister lives In Pheonixville PA and lost NOTHING..told me her daughter still has over 2500 e-mails in her inbox. I live in DE and none of my friends I have talked to lost their Verizon e-mails.  While mine is for personal use, I had folders with all of my kids sports schedules, teacher and school correspondence, and important e-mails as well.  I just spoke with another Com. Tech guy who has NO CLUE...when I had trouble before, the Only way I got a positive response was to e-mail the CEO of Verizon...his name is:  Lowell McAdam...perhaps he hasn't been informed he has MANY unhappy customers as of yet!!

0 Likes
email server down all day with temporary error 14-what do i do?
ladydi0519

Please help...not sure how to fix...has been down for several hours!

0 Likes
Re: email server down all day with temporary error 14-what do i do?
in2catz76

having the same problem...glad its not just me!!!!

its driving me crazy , need to get to my emails!!!!

any idea whats going on and when it will be  fixed????Cat Sad

Spoiler

0 Likes
Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
Odonng00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the latest update:

Information Regarding Service Disruptions

Service Disruption Update 10/3/12 pm

Verizon has begun to restore access to emails and folders for some customers who were affected by a service disruption on the morning of Oct. 1. Affected customers may experience a one-time five-minute interruption as their saved email and folders are restored. If you experience this interruption, please wait 10 minutes and retry the service. At that time, your saved email and folders should be restored.

We will continue to provide updates as service is restored. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Verizon!!  Some customers??  What about the rest of us who are not getting out folders & emails restored??!!  Don't we deserve an update as well??!!!!

0 Likes
cookiema
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 3 emails on the same account.  I have gotten my folders and old emails back in 2 of them as of last night.  The most important one, of course, I have nothing for.  Not satisfied with any of the answers I am getting and hope they don't expect to be compensated (by the bill being paid in full) because it will not be.  Absolutely the worst customer service response I have ever seen.  The trouble ticket that was opened is closed according to them...not according to me, the customer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
Gidon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest official update (today, PM) at http://verizon.com/outage sounds hopeful.

That page was originally publicized by VerizonSupport on Twitter, so maybe they have more information.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email is down?
carolynd11
Contributor - Level 1

well, I don't know what they are doing but now I have no email again.  This is absolutely unacceptable. I am so annoyed now I just don't know what to do.  How can they say they are working on this and yet the email I had that was working (even without my folders)  is not working at all again.  We all NEED our email, thats why we have it.  What is it with Verizon?  they are so big and make so much money they just don't care about their customers anymore.

0 Likes
Odonng00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this online--only 6% of Verizon customers are affected...I wonder how much effort & resources they will put into restoring our data?  (if these numbers are accurate)

Verizon works on email outage

Verizon was continuing to work late Tuesday to restore some customers’ access to emails that were sent or received before a service outage on Monday morning. About 6 percent of customers with Verizon.net addresses in the 12 states — plus the District of Columbia, where the company provides Internet service — were affected, said Lee Gierczynski, a spokesman in Pittsburgh. Customers have been able to send and receive email normally since Monday afternoon, although older messages and folders created before the outage may not be showing up, he said, adding more details are at Verizon.com/outage.

0 Likes