Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
Knest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using Verizon web mail for my consulting business because I work from not only my own computer, but from many different client computers. Saving everything to Outlook at home became too cumbersome so I stopped, figuring that a company like Verizon would have more reliable backup servers anyhow. I'm feeling very naive right now.

When I contacted tech support, I naturally got someone overseas. This individual spoke English very well, but was clueless when it came to any technical issues. Shortly afterward I received a robocall from Verizon stating that they are aware of the internet (not email) outage in my area and are working on it. A couple of days later another robocall informed me that the internet service that was never down had been restored and I should reboot my modem.

Meanwhile, my email accounts have been restored except for (you guessed it) the subaccount that I use for my business, which remains wiped clean. So, here is what I get from this experience:

- Verizon is kind of slow at resolving problems that don't even exist.

- Verizon's focus is on the bottom line at the expense of customer service. Having tech support staff fluent in English is great, but not nearly enough. They are obviously not trained to solve problems, but are instead given a menu of talking points.

- Verizon has a shamefully inferior backup system. For a company like this not to be able to restore data quickly and efficiently is like an airline not having oxygen masks drop down as soon as there is cabin decompression.

A final note: If you do speak with a tech support person, please be courteous. This is not their fault. They are just trying to eke out a living and are very likely overworked and underpaid. But in the highly unlikely event that you get a hold of a senior executive, by all means let them have the full measure of your wrath.

{please keep it relevant}

Re: Verizon email is down?
billstanley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Down 74 hours and counting.

0 Likes
eqlzr

My email is now back, however no explanation why it was deleted for 3 days in the first place. This is lame customer service, however the norm for Verizon in my experience. And they wonder why I don't switch over to their FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
wperdman

All folders seem to be back, as of about 11am.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
billstanley
Enthusiast - Level 3

77 hours and counting.  I called tech support (India) and complained.  The man talked to billing and told me I would receive a credit.  He transferred me to billing and they applied a $10 credit to my account.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I got my emails back this morning, and the Verizon notice said that about 1/3  of lost emails had been restored as of this morning All should be done by tomorrow  night (Friday night , Oct.5.).

verizon.com/outage.

0 Likes
Emails Deleted and All Folders are Gone
BarbSC430

This is my first time experiencing this problem with FIOS.  I am terribly dissapointed.  Not sure if I can trust them with my information in the future.  They should at least give us an update either by automated phone or emails.  I am afraid of not having all my folders restored.  Some very important information and pictures are lost.  This is a lesson learned - to back up everything.

0 Likes
Re: Emails Deleted and All Folders are Gone
mteggatz

I am still missing everything, not one of the lucky ones who has gotten their folders and email restored.  I tried to click on the link to track their progress ealier in this thread and it tells me it is a bad request.  I can't even check the progress.  If they said it will be restored by tomorrow then I will hold out hope for then

0 Likes
Re: Emails Deleted and All Folders are Gone
DOCJAH

All -

Since I freely criticized VZ when I lost access to all of my email folders, --- I must give credit where "credit is due".  All of my folders and emails have now been restored (whew)!  I live in southern (NJ) in case that is of any use to those of you who are still awaiting restoration.  Good luck to all (and let's see if VZ adjusts our bills)!

0 Likes
Odonng00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thursday at 4:45 pm I logged in and was shocked to see all of my folders and emails prior to Oct. 1st.  I will be the 1st to admit that I thought my emails were gone forever and all of my business agreements and contacts would never re-surface.

By today, my expectations were so low and I had truly accepted that my info was lost forever.  So it was funny to me after I found out my old emails had been restored that I found myself thanking Verizon outloud in the privacy of my own home!

For those that truly lost hope--hang in there!!   You may find yourself thanking Verizon too!!

I hope Verizon takes the time to review all of our posts...I think the common theme from all of us is that there was a huge lack of communication on Verizon's part.  1-2 generic updates in a day in a place on their website that was hard to find was not enough for their consumers.  It wasn't until today that they assured all customers there emails/folders would be restored and that is not acceptable. 

After they are finished restoring lost data to the remaining affected customers, I hope they explain what happened Monday morning.  If they do not, I will be w switching to another provider for all of our services.