Re: Emails Deleted and All Folders are Gone
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

OK, you'll love this one!

Today, 10/4/12 4:22pm I got a Police Alert - missing 91 yr old Alzheimer's patient....he went missing 9/30/12 and has already been found THANK GOD......

no notiication on Messages button on my Fios Router on TV

no notification on Landline phone VZ also

no notification on Wireless phone VZ Wireless

so where was the communication with their customers???????????? homing pigeons might be next

0 Likes
Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
gr8snkbite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Adam,

Thats nice...i think Verizon aught to apply at least a $50 credit to every customer affected by this outage....since we continue to pay for service, yet are not getting it....that said....

What measures is Verizon taking to PREVENT this from happening again, and you owe us an explanation of what happened and why....

Re: 3 days now without my Inbox and Folders!! Where is the accountability Verizon??!!
ljf214
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I can say is I am BEYOND frustrated here!  Obviously I wasnt in that first 1/3 group as I still have nothing.  A day or two was bad enough but I held on.  Now it's way beyond an incovienience here.  Important information that I cant get to - that's affecting serious things in my life - not just an email from a friend or anything like that.  My childs important school stuff, financial, etc all have become time sensitive here!   

and the posting update just doesnt cut it -

"Our sincerest apologies go out to all customers that have been affected by this event.". 

Ya, an apology aint gonna help anymore!

What rights do we have as consumers here to fight back on this?

Re: Verizon email is down?
specedmom

Received message from Verizon about the outage and the fact that they are working on restoring email folders.  They gave a link to check on outage email folder restoration THAT DID NOT WORK!  Has anyone heard anything else about the folder restoration.

0 Likes
adams1108
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been told every day since Tuesday (10/9/12) that it is a "nationwide outage".  I can't access any email except those received prior to Monday night at 9 PM.....not a happy camper.  If not restored by tomorrow I will be cancelling all Verizon service.

billstanley
Enthusiast - Level 3

More than 3 and a half days and counting.  I called tech support (India) and complained.  The man talked to billing and told me I would receive a credit.  He transferred me to billing and they applied a $10 credit to my account.

0 Likes
mteggatz

Please hang in there!  I woke up this morning and found everything restored!  I was losing faith but they actually got it all back!  Sending positive vibes to everyone!

0 Likes
carolynd11
Contributor - Level 1

my email is back this morning too.  Finally

0 Likes
billstanley
Enthusiast - Level 3

4 days and still no E-mails.  I called tech support (India) 2 days ago and complained.  The man talked to billing and told me I would receive a credit.  He transferred me to billing and they applied a $10 credit to my account.

0 Likes
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Outlook user here, and my emails that never showed up from 10/1 when this all went down are now there in my Inbox. To all of you who are still missing your emails/folders, I hope they get restored soon.

Thanks Verizon for working on this, although I agree with others it would be a good idea to improve communication regarding these problems, such as a status notice/update on the website or message on the phone line.

0 Likes