Verizon email not sending/receiving on outlook
Waxyshaw

Hello,

I found my Verizon email (POP3) was unable to send emails on outlook. At first, I was able to receive, but after following some forum instructions for the error (0x800CCC80): for example, I changed the incoming and outgoing POP3 servers to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net respectively, I changed the incoming port to 995 and outgoing to 465,  I verified my email and password through a browser login, and I tried checking and unchecking the "My server requires SMTP authentication" using the same settings as my mincoming mail server. Finally, I tried removing the email from the email tab on my account settings and adding it again. Now I can no longer receive errors either. In fact, it will not let me add the new email settings at all. I think my incoming and outgoing servers were different before I changed them, butI cannot remember what they were. I logged into my Actiontec GT784WN and verified that Firewall was set on low. Can anyone provide any guidance regarding this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email not sending/receiving on outlook
mattdowdy

I have a similar issue. Outlook is not receiving email, although I can see I have new email. It stopped receiving on 4/12. I can send email from outlook from the verizon.net address. I'm using Outlook 2016.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email not sending/receiving on outlook
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm using Outlook 2013 on Windows 10

No problems using Outlook before and after migration

Email Account Settings As of 11/30/2016
Email Settings Information:
• Incoming (POP): pop.verizon.net
• Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
• Incoming Port: 995, SSL selected
• Outgoing Port: 465, SSL selected.
• My server requires authentication should be selected
• Use same settings as my incoming mail server should be selected.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes