Verizon email on Android phone
SJH8

Recently, the Verizon email on my phone resets itslef and says that I have not read emails when I have.  It appears as though  I have new messages, but when I go in to view them on my phone, it is old messages showing up as Unread (aka New).

Upon logging in via the web access on a pc, those messages are "Read".  Why does the email on the phone continue to reset and mark messages as unread?  This happens multiple times in one day.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email on Android phone
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The read/unread indicator is not something maintained at the Verizon site.  Each device and webmail maintains its own indicator.  So this is something with your android phone.

0 Likes
SJH8

I do not have this issue with other emails (work or gmail or yahoo).  It only occurs with Verizon email.  Would you happen to know what setting must be set to avoid this?  I think there might be some synching error between Verizon and the phone.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you other emails using IMAP rather than POP3?

0 Likes
SJH8

I went to a Verizon store this weekend.  They said they are changing addresses ont he back-end and hence the problem.  I am not the only one who has come into their store with the issue.  They installed the My FIOS app on my phone and I am now getting email via that app instead of the native email app from Andorid.

0 Likes
Rodsman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was heading to a store this weekend as my Verizon email settings keep get refected for a failure to authorize.  I just downloaded the app and can now get my emails but it's not as convenient as just hitting the email icon.  Did the rep say when or if this was going to be fixed or is there a way to show your email as an icon from the Fios app itself?

Thanks for the post as this has been driving me crazy since it started!!

SJH8

He said it would be fixed, but could not provide a date.  The FIOS app is the best interim solution even though you can't see how many new emails you have until you open it.  At least you don;t have to constantly re-read messages you had read before. 

0 Likes