Re: Verizon email server does not respond
Justin46
Legend

@jdugal2 wrote:

My wife just spent 1.5 hours on line with verizon and got no where trying to get her ipad email working again.  They are clueless....

Just curious, what did your wife (or you) expect the tech support rep to do to fix it?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

MDGaryS

I, too, am having the same issues.  Tried the new settings early last week with no success.  Tried them again this morning, again with no success.  I use both the Mail program on our MAC and wife's Macbook, and Outlook on my laptop.  Neither program will talk to the server with the new settings, so am still using the "old" ones successfully.

I'm in MD.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@MDGaryS wrote:

I, too, am having the same issues.  Tried the new settings early last week with no success.  Tried them again this morning, again with no success.  I use both the Mail program on our MAC and wife's Macbook, and Outlook on my laptop.  Neither program will talk to the server with the new settings, so am still using the "old" ones successfully.

I'm in MD.

From your screen name I thought you were a doctor and since I am having some pain today I was going to ask you about it.... Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, the new settings do work. I and plenty of others have been using them successfully now for weeks. So I think you are missing something in your definitions. Unfortunately, unless you post the settings you are trying to use, and describe the specific environment(s) you have (PC type, OS, mail client, etc.), I doubt that anybody can help you.

Presumably at some point Verizon will shut off access to email using the old settings. I have no clue when they will do so, but when they do, I suggest you would be better off being prepared with new settings that you know work, or already using the new settings. Better a little pain now on your schedule than possibly major pain later on Verizon's schedule......

If you will provide details hopefully someone here can help.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes