Verizon is blocking emails I send to any Verizon.net customers.
golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started in Sept when I sent a video(big) to a bunch of my riends.  This resulted in Cox.net internally blocking my ability to send emails for 8 hours.  I understood I had busted a limited they had.  I realized later that I could not send emails to verizon.net friends.  No matter if I used outlook or if I went directly to cox web mail.   I created a new cox email address and I still was unable to send email to verizon customers.  I can send email to other domains ( cox.net, yahoo, gmail, comcast ect) its just Verizon.  I think they may be blocking my IP address.  No help in two calls to Verizon help desk (Indian outsouced help lne was useless).  I checked my IP address on a lookup service that I found in the foruns here and I was not on a bad listthat I could find. I did find some info on authourized emails but do not think that is a problem.  I could change my port to 587 but have not tried that yet.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also any clues on how to get through to a Verizon help desk in the US with actual inteligent people.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon is blocking emails I send to any Verizon.net customers.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you send an email to the abuse@verizon.net, then you should get an auto reply.  If you don't then that is semi important info.  

Also you might have to do a whitelist.  you can do that here.

» If you are an outside organization, please use the ISP form

» If you are a Verizon Online member, please use the Member form

BUT If they blocked your IP, then you should know that if you are a residential customer to Cox, that you likely have a Dynamic IP.  which means it should change at the end of your lease.  Leases on Verizon's network are two to four hours, and Cox might be similiar. 

What that means is if you turn off your cox cable modem over night, that will be sufficient time for it to release that bad ip back into the Cox network, and in the morning when you turn it back on, it will obtain a new one.  Hopefully one that is not blocked.  

Go to www.whatismyip.com   record what your IP address is. 

In the morning after you have left your modem off for 6-8 hours check it and see if it's different. And then try to send your emails again.  

If it's IP related then that might be a good fix for you.  

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you send the email from outlook or any program, are you getting a bounce back message?  

can you send email to abuse@verizon.net

0 Likes
golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

All emails that I send just go out to cyber heaven, no error messages.  I have tried using Outlook and also coxweb mail ( eliminating outlook).  with the same results.  emails get to all respondents except the verizon.net folks.  Verison.net is blocking me.  I checked and I can't find my IP address on any of the "bad lists".   Calls to verizon help were useles but I may have to try again. And remeber if you read the wjole original note, I generated a new cox email addres and I get the same results.  I am considering shutting down my router over night to get a new IP addres generated and trying again tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?  Have anyone ever heard of this isue before.

This all started when I went over a limit in cox sending out some large emails and they shut me down for 8 hours.  I think that might have put me on a bad list.  But no other IPS is blocking me only our dear friend Verizon, the root of all evil as I se it.

0 Likes
golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have forgotten to say that my ISP is Cox.  I am unable to send email to verizon.net customers.  All email going to cox or any other ISP work fine (i.e. AOL, COMCAST, GMAIL, YAHOO etc).  Its just verzon that is blocking me. Has anyone ever seen an issue like this.  So far I haven't found exactly this situation in the forum.  I cant be that "unique".

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you send an email to the abuse@verizon.net, then you should get an auto reply.  If you don't then that is semi important info.  

Also you might have to do a whitelist.  you can do that here.

» If you are an outside organization, please use the ISP form

» If you are a Verizon Online member, please use the Member form

BUT If they blocked your IP, then you should know that if you are a residential customer to Cox, that you likely have a Dynamic IP.  which means it should change at the end of your lease.  Leases on Verizon's network are two to four hours, and Cox might be similiar. 

What that means is if you turn off your cox cable modem over night, that will be sufficient time for it to release that bad ip back into the Cox network, and in the morning when you turn it back on, it will obtain a new one.  Hopefully one that is not blocked.  

Go to www.whatismyip.com   record what your IP address is. 

In the morning after you have left your modem off for 6-8 hours check it and see if it's different. And then try to send your emails again.  

If it's IP related then that might be a good fix for you.  

golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  I checked the IP at that website and all the databases had a green indicator.  I take that to mean that my IP was not found in any of the databases.  I had previously said I thought my IP was being blocked but I think I was wrong.   I turned my router off last night for 5 hours and when I turned it on this morning I still had the same IP address.  I'll turn it of all night tonight and hopefully COX will change it.  I'll look into white list as you suggested.  I am not a Verizon member, I am just a Community member as I use COX ISP.

I'll keep working this as its a pain to not beable to send emails to my contacts using verizon. 

I hope someone can help me find the magix siver bullet for this issue.

0 Likes
golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a note to abuse@verizon.net and so far have not received a reply.  I am not sure how long would be an appropriate wait until its clear they are not going to reply.  Other posts inply that most of the time their is no reply from Verizon.

0 Likes
xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

you did not get an auto reply?

"This is an automated response to confirm receipt of your email to the Verizon Abuse email box. Please do not reply to this message. "

0 Likes
golf64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email from whitelist@verizononline.net stating:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Online Abuse. After a thorough investigation of your issue, Verizon Online Abuse has determined that normal e-mail delivery should be restored within 36 hours.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Abuse
http://www2.verizon.net/policies
http://www.verizon.net/security
Abuse@verizon.net

I guess I will wait and hopefully this problem will be resolved.  I would like to thank the poster that suggested I send a note to the Verizon Online Abuse.  I do hope this works.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

great news, glad you got some resolution.  Fingers crossed.   

0 Likes