Verizon is spamming my email and wont stop
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive called, clicked the unsubscribe link in the emails waited the appropritate amount of days and they keep coming.  Ive set their emails as spam and it appears all those efforts bring on even more emails than before.  Does anyone know how to get Verizon to stop clogging my email with relentless redbox and on demand sales pitches?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is spamming my email and wont stop
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

geotv,

i would look for some key words in the subject and then use them in a filter subject contains then choose delete

0 Likes
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks good idea I will try that but shouldnt Verizon fix their unsubscribe system or at least tell us it does nothing when you click on it so we dont waste our time waiting for something to kick in that never does?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can tell Verizon not to send you most emails in your preferences.

I believe this web page https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/MyAccount/ngen/pr/user/profile.aspx?type=classic

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3
MVP
TNS_2

Kudos

You can tell Verizon not to send you most emails in your preferences.

I believe this web page https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/MyAccount/ngen/pr/user/profile.aspx?type=classic

tns,

that's like unsubscribing from a spammer site verizon's a spammer too tns personally i filter verizon they have nothing i am interested in.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its the answer for the original poster question.  It being very hard to set a blocked filter for a company you do business with that doesn't block email you do need.  Verizon will stop sending him the things he complained about if he opts out of all mail except those needed to manage your account. 

Too broad a rule will stop emails from other people that just are customers with Verizon.com or Verizon.net ids.  And Verizon will occassionally thing YOU do need to know, e.g. the changes to email pop/smtp settings they made over the last year, problems with account payments, etc.

Similar preferences exist for many other companies that you may need to do business for but don't want to hear from all the time.

This is separate from what is normally considered SPAM.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns you have to be creative lol

0 Likes